2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionyota

I have been following Rivian for a while. I have a question about the size of the truck. All the pictures I have seen the truck is either the only vehicle in the picture or there are other Rivians. Size wise, how does the R1T compare. Is it large like and F150 or Ram 1500 or smaller like a Taco or Ranger?
I haven’t looked, but doesn’t the Rivian website have the specs?

Smaller than a Tacoma??? Bummer, if that’s the case.

jmodz

I haven’t looked, but doesn’t the Rivian website have the specs?

Smaller than a Tacoma??? Bummer, if that’s the case.
Yes the Rivian website has the specs. It is roughly the same length as the Tacoma but a couple inches wider like a f-150. But again the bed is shorter so the cab seems much bigger compared to the Tacoma.

Shappy

Here for the pictures
Yes the Rivian website has the specs. It is roughly the same length as the Tacoma but a couple inches wider like a f-150. But again the bed is shorter so the cab seems much bigger compared to the Tacoma.

I saw one in a parking lot the other day and it appeared surprisingly small. It looked much closer in size to a Tacoma, definitely did not look like a full size truck.

billiebob

Cool truck, but like all NEW inventions the first edition will be eclipsed by the following editions as the product evolves and the market grows.

billiebob

They reversed course and honored pricing for all preorders place before March 1st, didn’t they?
Heres the thing. The order is 3 years old. Pre COVID, Pre the Russia Hungary war. Costs have changed..... fine they won't raise the price to meet current market conditions and they won't go bankrupt soo how will they cut costs....

onemanarmy

Explorer
so it will be a used vehicle? You will be the fist titled owner?

Who is gonna service these ticking time bombs?

I still haven't seen a real one yet, looking forward to it.

billiebob

I have seen a few in south orange county CA. The headquarters is in Irvine
yep, cutting edge....

who'd a thought......

jobs-6a428e3467ddbc01d6d7ec8534d79016b8e0edb2-s800-c85.jpg

billiebob

Avg national gas price as of 3/08/22 = $4.17. $100000 vehicle = 23,980 gallons of gas. 4wd Truck getting 12mpg = 287,760 miles. I'll take driving the 287k miles all day
good logic but this is new technology, it'll only get better, as VW says, we are shutting down research and development on fossil fuels cuz this is as good as it gets. But the electric thing will make massive leaps as the market grows. Your only complaint is the cost to buy in....., give it 5 years and the cost to buy in will beat the fossil fuel buy in.

Just look at the simplicity. No cooling system. No exhaust system. No intake system. Heck submarines have been electric under water for 100 years. The electric Tube in London was running 40 years BEFORE the internal combustion engine was invented. If you go turtle there is zero fossil fuel spill. And then there is POWER !!!! The fastest/quickest cars in the world ALL use electric motors.

Forget the clean energy thing, you want to win a race, build an electric racer. The record at Pikes Peak is held by a pure electric VW lol.

There is a mine in Chile, The haul trucks are pure electric. They NEVER need to plug in and charge. They load up the mountain and coast down to the processing plant regenerating power, charging thier batteries on the loaded downhill trip. Then run back uphill empty and fully charged. They have been doing that for 30 years. No oil changes, little down time. Virtually silent and CARBON FREE. It is an economic business win.

As for range..... the world is evolving from "charging stations" to charging while driving. We embrace wireless charging of cell phones well....... I don't know why we don't have tiny gas powered generators for our phones.

X Terra Firma

give it 5 years and the cost to buy in will beat the fossil fuel buy in
yes but the logic was based off not having to buy into a fossil fuel vehicle because of already owning one

and three years to deliver a first gen vehicle, not sure about things being any better in 5 years judging by the way the world is currently looking

and go look how the EV vehicles did in the baja 1000, dont think we'll see them winning that anytime soon

billiebob

yes but the logic was based off not having to buy into a fossil fuel vehicle because of already owning one

and three years to deliver a first gen vehicle, not sure about things being any better in 5 years judging by the way the world is currently looking

and go look how the EV vehicles did in the baja 1000, dont think we'll see them winning that anytime soon
I bet you are wrong, the electric market just has not got there yet. Baja is a target not yet on the radar. But once someons sets there sights on winning Baja in a pure electric vehicle, well just like all the other records we will see the advantages of electric power.

LeMans 24 hour race is about 2 things, First across the Line AND energy efficiency...... energy efficiency has always been part of LeMans for 100 years..... same thing, no one has focused on it .... yet. Massive opportunities to WIN with electric propulsion..... As VW says the ICE is at its peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles