2022 RAM 5500 Composite "Super Camper"

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
It’s been quite a long time since I’ve been on expedition portal… I was scrolling through the various build feeds and the first one I happened to click on was yours. After scrolling through the post I see my name… then I understand who’s post it is. I can’t tell you how crazy it is to see my name and business mentioned. Very excited to meet you two next week and stoked to work on this project with you. and now I know where to see the build progress once it leaves here!

Drive safe!

Quade

Brad_UT

I read a while back on the Ram 5th Gen forum that the third brake light housing is prone to leaking. Same goes for the cabin vent flaps under the window. Recommend sealing those up really well when you re-install.

StenchRV

I read about the cabin vents and I am giving some serious thought about sealing them up before we mount the box. I was unaware the third brake light was also prone to leaking. Thanks for the info.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I’ve only seen a few drops of water at the back window vents a few times when being hit directly with a pressure washer, not a huge concern imho.

StenchRV

Well GREAT news came this week! Our Total Composites box arrived, along with a few others, at Overland Adventure Truck!
O.A.T is in the process of testing our truck and finalizing the subframe design. Our Outbound windows and doors are in transit to O.A.T.
Parts have been arriving on a daily basis for our build out. Trying to get things here before the supply chain dries up :-(.
IMG_0975.jpeg

Last edited:

StenchRV

The design when the build out begins.

Camper Layout 2022.png

Measurement are approximate. :) The interior build out will be made on a skeleton of 30 series 8020 with bamboo door and drawer fronts.
All tanks are inside the cabin.
100 gallons of fresh water.
Dual grey tanks, under the sink and shower 35 gallons each.
Composting toilet
Victron 3000 watt inverter
800 amp hours of Lithium batteries.
Dual DC/DC chargers
1200 watts of solar, dual solar controllers
Large Cruise 195 fridge
Induction cooktop
Air conditioning

Exterior boxes will be mounted on the subframe on both sides of the truck.
Front and rear winch. One for others...one for us.... LOL

StenchRV

Speaking of winches. I guess it is time to start designing the rear bumper when the truck returns home.IMG_5402 2.jpeg

On a different note. This week Buckstop called and our order will be ready around the 1st week of April! GREAT news!

EVEN BETTER news is we get to save $1500 in shipping cost as we should be driving our truck home before the 3rd week of April. I asked Buckstop if we could swing by the factory on the way home to Atlanta and pick our order up. They were more than glad to hold our order at the factory for 2 weeks and even gave us a few things to see while enroute to their shop. Front bumper, 5 steel wheels, fender flares, 3 skid plates and a track bar relocation bracket. I am going to have to force myself not to look at the aluminum wheels while I am there!

Cheers!

Brad_UT

Speaking of winches. I guess it is time to start designing the rear bumper when the truck returns home.View attachment 710280

On a different note. This week Buckstop called and our order will be ready around the 1st week of April! GREAT news!

EVEN BETTER news is we get to save $1500 in shipping cost as we should be driving our truck home before the 3rd week of April. I asked Buckstop if we could swing by the factory on the way home to Atlanta and pick our order up. They were more than glad to hold our order at the factory for 2 weeks and even gave us a few things to see while enroute to their shop. Front bumper, 5 steel wheels, fender flares, 3 skid plates and a track bar relocation bracket. I am going to have to force myself not to look at the aluminum wheels while I am there!

Cheers!
You might see if Buckstop can install dual Schrader valves on those rims. That'll make airing up/dn the rears SO much easer. =)

StenchRV

You might see if Buckstop can install dual Schrader valves on those rims. That'll make airing up/dn the rears SO much easer. =)

Brad,

I asked Buckstop to do exactly that when I ordered after seeing your thread post. I am HOPING they did it. I will double check when we are at the factory. If they missed it I am hoping the can do it easily enough on site.

Thank you for the reminder:).

My air up air down plan, like many here, is a midship (each side) or front and rear ports with 4 small hoses connected to the tires. Use the compressors and the regulators to do the work. Set and monitor. I plan on using the Viair Dual 485C gen2 compressors , dual air tanks, and the 3P system.

I will look a LOT like your system....THANK YOU!!!

CHEERS!

Brad_UT

Brad,

I asked Buckstop to do exactly that when I ordered after seeing your thread post. I am HOPING they did it. I will double check when we are at the factory. If they missed it I am hoping the can do it easily enough on site.

Thank you for the reminder:).

My air up air down plan, like many here, is a midship (each side) or front and rear ports with 4 small hoses connected to the tires. Use the compressors and the regulators to do the work. Set and monitor. I plan on using the Viair Dual 485C gen2 compressors , dual air tanks, and the 3P system.

I will look a LOT like your system....THANK YOU!!!

CHEERS!
I want to see if it's as simple as just drilling a hole. Placement might be the key to avoiding cracks. Planning on adding them to mine next tire change. Looking good so far sir!

StenchRV

We fly to Seattle to watch, learn, help, the box being built the first week of April. The subframe has been designed and is being built. 8020, along with various other parts, showed up this week. Excited about getting to see it and getting the box home to start the build out! We should be driving home, with a stop at Buckstop, about the 18th of April. Cheers 385471B7-F5BB-43AE-B824-01C766DFC816.jpegD04ADC1B-11E6-4E25-934C-D0024B9E21BB.jpeg

StenchRV

You heading thru Bend Oregon on your way out from Buckstop?

We would be coming through Portland on our way TO Buckstop.
When we leave Buckstop we will be headed towards Salt Lake City, due south from Buckstop to join Oregon 20 it looks like.
Bend is close :) to the departure route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier