2022 RAM 5500 Composite "Super Camper"

StenchRV

Found the spin welding drivers. If it does any good I could email the (if I can find it) CAD file I used to make them.

View attachment 724859

Nice skills! That is a about what I was thinking. Half the fun sometime is making the tool or part.
Do you have a rent a tool program! LOL !!

We hope to cut windows today or tomorrow and then start fitting and spin welding, securing, the tanks next week. I am waiting on 6061 2.5" angle.

CHEERS!!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I'm running Squadron-R Pro in the 4", and XL-R 80 in the 6" of my (Ford) Buckstop. I think Kevbo is running the SquadronPro in his 4" as well.
Fantastic lights!

StenchRV

I'm running Squadron-R Pro in the 4", and XL-R 80 in the 6" of my (Ford) Buckstop. I think Kevbo is running the SquadronPro in his 4" as well.
Fantastic lights!

Thank you for the info. I have never owned a BD light, but I am a fan of you get what you pay for. Sounds like it holds true.
I looked at the XL-80 R yesterday. I will look at the Squadron R Pro this morning. Kevin is right that one would blind someone :)
Having a better light in the 4" would keep me from buying more lights for the near future!
I might put a very small, say 2 inch round, on the angled part of the bumper just outboard of the 4" light or on the very end for the turn-fog.
Haven driven my truck 7000 miles before I tore it apart I got used to the odd feature.

Time to make more dust......window hole cutting is FUN!
Thanks again.

CHEERS!!

StenchRV

If there is an Administrator, out and about, who would kindly move this thread to the hard sided truck campers forum it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

CHEERS!!

Brad_UT

I know @Brad_UT was working on something to fix this. Maybe he will chime in

I gave up on using the factory fog light feed to control the new BD lights. I hooked them up to an upfitter switch instead.

Note: You'll get a warning/code if you leave the factory fog light harness unconnected. The truck wants to see a bulb (load) there. I installed some resistors to fool it.
Capture2.JPG

StenchRV

2 years later, and i am STILL cleaning mine! LOL

I think you scared my wife!...LOL.
I came home and she had labeled everything, took pictures and a video and with the help of a friend cleared and cleaned the camper!
We start the "rebuild" Monday.
A few hours well spent! Should have it back together in a day and start the glue to the wall process.
Windows and solar came out nice....if I do say so myself!

ONWARD!

CHEERS!!
IMG_5906.jpeg

IMG_5903.jpeg

IMG_5911.jpeg

IMG_5912.jpeg

Last edited:

StenchRV

I gave up on using the factory fog light feed to control the new BD lights. I hooked them up to an upfitter switch instead.

Note: You'll get a warning/code if you leave the factory fog light harness unconnected. The truck wants to see a bulb (load) there. I installed some resistors to fool it.
View attachment 726087

Something odd.

We decided to take the camper out today and stretch her legs. It has been cooped up in the hanger for 6 weeks.
We had it all cleaned up to show some friends at church our progress. It dawned on me this morning the one thing I had forgotten to do was plug in the fog light wiring harness. It is laying on the hanger floor. Oh well, off we went. NO warning lights or codes? Maybe a change for 2022?
I will double check with the code reader tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Your fix is plan B if it starts acting up :)

CHEERS!!

Last edited:

StenchRV

Out and about random weigh.

Windows, solar panels, AC, Maxx Air, bumper, 2/3's fuel and myself and my wife.

IMG_5913.jpeg

IMG_5914.jpeg

Good to know we have 7000 LBS left! Hoping for around 17,000 LBS when complete and trip ready.

Best comment of this morning while parking for brunch...."That is bad ******!" :) #MOTIVATED!!

CHEERS!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles