2022 Nissan Frontier unveiled

D

Deleted member 9101

Another possibility is the electric fans can't pull enough air through a stacked setup.

There, I'm helping the OEMs justify their tall hoods.

Actually, thats a valid point. If you stack the intercooler, tranny cooler, and A/C condenser in front of the radiator that's a lot of resistance. I know the e-fans move a lot of air, but if one fails then it might be to much resistance for one fan to keep up?

On a side note, I took the active shutters off of my truck, tranny temps and IATs went down while I'm on the HW.

RoyJ

Adventurer
Actually, thats a valid point. If you stack the intercooler, tranny cooler, and A/C condenser in front of the radiator that's a lot of resistance. I know the e-fans move a lot of air, but if one fails then it might be to much resistance for one fan to keep up?

On a side note, I took the active shutters off of my truck, tranny temps and IATs went down while I'm on the HW.
Do you know if your fan shroud covers the intercooler? It's possible they left it ambient air cooled so in case of a fan failure there won't be high intake temp.

D

Deleted member 9101

Do you know if your fan shroud covers the intercooler? It's possible they left it ambient air cooled so in case of a fan failure there won't be high intake temp.
Its completly separate. There is actually a thick rubber flap separating the radiator and intercooler. I had to cut mine, I'm running a taller and thicker intercooler.

The Raptor has two small fans mounted behind the intercooler.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
I think they are about to hit the dealerships across the US / the Soviet republic of Canada.

Is anybody going to get one ?

A 3.8 v6 and 9 Speed seem intriguing.

llamalander

Still working on breaking my '08-
I don't need a new truck, just more gas!
This looks pretty sweet though...

rruff

Explorer
"Think modern cars look bloated? Of course you do. Part of what you're seeing is the effect of European and Asian pedestrian-protection requirements that went live last decade. The idea is to leave enough space beneath the hood to keep a struck pedestrian's head from caving it in far enough to hit the top of the engine. So, you'd expect higher hoods and taller noses."

And the result is that you don't even see the shorter pedestrians... :unsure:

Grassland

I don't think it looks too bad. Real world fuel economy unladen will hopefully be far better than the previous gen. And it gives something more modern and powerful than the Tacoma. And an NA engine for those folks who just can't handle the idea of a turbo 4 behind their mid size.

Ducstrom

The wife and I will be checking it out for sure. Likely trade the Grand Cherokee in on a small truck in the next couple years.
Will need to try the ranger, Colorado, and the new frontier. Neither of us are fans of the seating position in the taco, so it's out.

jbaucom

I like it - it looks good and the powertrain is an improvement. If a mid-size truck would meet my family's needs, I'd give this new Frontier a hard look. My 2007 Titan provided nearly flawless service.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
The engine and transmission seems to be quite good.

Nissan VR38DETT Engine Review Specs, Problems And Reliability

An Up Close Look at the 2020 Nissan Frontier’s New 9-Speed Automatic Transmission

In both metrics the Frontier looks to be better than the Tacoma, but the Frontier does not seem to have the off road gadgets such as a crawl control and terrain selection, which Tacoma has.
may not be a big deal for some, but for many it's kind of good thing to have.

On the other hand the you can find the Titans for so much cheaper it is hard to ignore them.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The engine and transmission seems to be quite good.

Nissan VR38DETT Engine Review Specs, Problems And Reliability

An Up Close Look at the 2020 Nissan Frontier’s New 9-Speed Automatic Transmission

In both metrics the Frontier looks to be better than the Tacoma, but the Frontier does not seem to have the off road gadgets such as a crawl control and terrain selection, which Tacoma has.
may not be a big deal for some, but for many it's kind of good thing to have.

On the other hand the you can find the Titans for so much cheaper it is hard to ignore them.
Can't buy a new Titan in Canada anymore though.....

Grassland

And Titan pro4x started in the 60s locally last I looked. I'm a 40k when new kind of guy.
But that's central Canada for you. Nothing available and arms and legs if it is.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
If they discontinued the Titan in Canada, are they even gonna bring the Frontier?
Maybe they are targeting a different market with this truck. more mpg friendly which the Titan no way is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles