2022 Nissan Frontier unveiled

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
I'm not in the market for a truck, but if I were, the Frontier just rocketed to the top of the list. It actually looks like the interior and exterior design team worked in tandem. That is a good lucking truck!

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
I wonder how the kingcab looks. It's a nice looking truck but the interior looks a tad dated but okay. It'd be pretty cool if the roof was predrilled for roof rails/rack like the Tacoma. Either way, if the redesigned Tacoma or Colorado/Canyon look terrible, this would be a solid alternative. Hopefully the aftermarket will respond with enthusiasm.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Looks like a Tacoma with a Nose job.

Do a quick glance, I bet you'll see it too.

Never been a fan of anything Nissan related until I got massively stuck in the mud and a Frontier pro 4x pulled me out. Still don't like but will always respect.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
I've been around Nissans since 1974 when my dad was a general sales manager at a Datsun/Subaru dealership in SW Florida. I've continually owned Nissans since around 1992 and currently have 2 Titans. After my recent experience with these 2 trucks and hassles with a couple of different dealers I have to say I'll never own another Nissan. In all likelihood I'll be switching to a RAM for my next truck or, as a second choice, a Tacoma. One thing I'm tired of is the pathetic selection of aftermarket parts available for Nissans.

Amxguy1970

I wonder how the kingcab looks. It's a nice looking truck but the interior looks a tad dated but okay. It'd be pretty cool if the roof was predrilled for roof rails/rack like the Tacoma. Either way, if the redesigned Tacoma or Colorado/Canyon look terrible, this would be a solid alternative. Hopefully the aftermarket will respond with enthusiasm.

So looks matter more than content and ability? If the one that has everything you want and need looks ugly you would settle for one that looks better but has less capability? I don't buy a truck for looks, I buy what is the best tool for the jobs I need not which one is the prettiest...

Tyler

spectre6000

Observer
I read that "lockers" were available in the top off road spec. Does that mean more than one vehicle gets a locker, or that each truck gets lockers plural?

I think the Tacoma double take (for my part at least) is due to that pressing at the bottom of the tailgate that's on nearly every truck on the market right now. It's so similar and so common, it must have some function beyond a generic strengthening crease in the pressing...

I saw a side-on shot, and it's not my favorite, but not my least favorite.

I've seen a few articles attempting to compare specs (Nissan must have just released a handful of specs and some photos), and what's missing each and every time is MEANINGFUL spec comparisons. Saying it has better payload than such and such another truck only matters if you're comparing similar trims. How does the Pro4X trim stack up against a Gladiator Rubicon, or a Colorado ZR2 for instance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles