2022 Defender 110 rooftop tent and accesories

Alexv707

Hi

Looking for some advice for a rooftop tent for my 22 defender 110 trophy. Does anyone import any tents from so Africa. I had a howling moon in the past and really liked it. Looking for a tent to fit 2 adults and 2 kids if possible.

SkiWill

I have an Eezi-Awn Series 3 that I purchased from Equipt Expedition Outfitters. To my knowledge, they're the only Eezi-Awn importer in the US. I found the tent to be very high quality and the mattress very comfortable. Mine is a 1400 series so it is 1400 mm in width. They do make a 2200 mm width. I'm not sure how big you and the rest of your family are, but that may be a consideration. It might be a little tight. I actually only use it when I don't have the kids with me. Going up and down the ladder is fairly dangerous and for kids without a focused attention span, that could be even worse. When we have the whole family we have a 10' by 10' ground tent that works brilliantly. A 2200 series would also weigh over 220 lbs, so once it's on there, unless you have some kind of heavy duty hoist, it's going to be permanent. If you go to their shop in Salt Lake City, Equipt will mount for free.

johnyt

My experience with an ALU-CAB from South-Africa has been good so far.

Attachments

• rtt.jpg
    rtt.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier