2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
As a Ford Fanboy I feel awkward saying this but....

BRAVO CHEVY!! It's about freaking time they made some moves!

Check the article

Very impressive, lockers front/rear, skids, and the interior looks very nice. Still not the biggest fan of the front facia but it certainly excites me.

Cant wait for a Tremor VS. ZR2 faceoff

ttengineer

Adventurer
A tremor is a 250 meant to compete with the power wagon. Not really a fair comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallygator

Adventurer
If they pair this with the diesel that would cool. An if it will eventually come in different cab configurations so you can get a longer bed, that would be nice..

2022 is the mid cycle refresh. They’re continuing to sell the older style as the Silverado LTD, and the refreshed one as the Silverado.

It’s a similar concept to what they and other have done before (Silverado/Sierra Classic, F-150 Heritage, RAM 1500 Classic).

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
A tremor is a 250 meant to compete with the power wagon. Not really a fair comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I meant the F150 Tremor.

Starting price is a indeed a bit high but with current prices an F150 tremor is mid to high 60's in San Diego. so it's definitely comparable.

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
Cue the Typical GM hate….

Anybody price out a Raptor lately? A ZR2 Colorado starts at $40k and can go over $50k with options.

Face it, special versions are going to fetch a premium over more pedestrian versions. GM is no different than Ford or Ram in this regard. TRX Rams for $100k? Hmm.

Anybody that don’t like the price don’t have to buy one. Build one yourself. See how that works out for you.

Sorry I come off harsh but it’s pretty ironic around here when GM gets so much hate around here and then they finally screw together a truck that has all the cool stuff people want to go play with off road and then people complain about the price.

I don’t have the funds to pull one off but I’m happy to see something for off road people to finally come from GM for once.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
More off road biased than I would need and for my use case. (That goes for any of the special off road version really)

There are other trucks that fit the bill better for me.

But, I am happy to see these trucks (Silverado ZR2, Ram Rebel & F150 Tremor) being built. Certainly all nice trucks.

I really wanted an F150 Tremor but ended up going another way.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I was surprised to read a pretty negative review about the Silverado ZR2 from Edmunds:

I'm a Chevy Colorado ZR2 owner so I was expecting praise for the Silverado version given my experience with the Colorado.
Yeah, but to be fair they were comparing it to a Raptor and a TRX instead of a Tremor and a Rebel. Not really a fair comparison to me.

And to complain about the noise of a mud terrain tire? That just goes with the territory for mud terrains.

Grassland

So are they discontinue the Trail Boss then?
Isn't there still a Z71 or did they ditch that when the Trail Boss came out?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
So are they discontinue the Trail Boss then?
Isn't there still a Z71 or did they ditch that when the Trail Boss came out?
I don't believe they are getting rid of the trailboss for the Silverado. I know they aren't doing it for Colorado.

This is their version of F150 Tremor and the trailboss is their version of the FX4. That's what I think anyway.

I don't believe they are getting rid of the trailboss for the Silverado. I know they aren't doing it for Colorado.

This is their version of F150 Tremor and the trailboss is their version of the FX4. That's what I think anyway.

I was under the impression that the levels of packages were the following:

FX4/Z71/Off-Road(Ram)/TRD Off-Road

Tremor/TrailBoss/Rebel/TRD Pro

Raptor/ZR2/TRX

At least those are how I’ve lined them up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94