2021 ZR2 approach angle, winch bumper etc...

Redheddedwonder

So I am hoping to get a leftover 2020 duramax ZR2 come springtime. But I doubt very many will still be left. I personally prefer the looks of the 2020. The 2021 is growing on me though. My concerns are that the new front end affects approach angle, especially when a winch bumper is added. Only seen one company’s bumper so far. Seems the way it is designed may negatively affect how companies design their winch bumpers etc. Thoughts?
FCA63C5D-B841-4936-B892-E3C92F50DCED.jpeg
38EC03C8-6C72-4276-890D-32B391FA8320.jpeg
this is the only bumper I have seen so far for the 2021, seems factory approach angle, but also no winch in this picture.

57973DCA-14FE-4858-B09F-71D48EADD038.png

spectre6000

Observer
That bumper is also just a photoshop render.

Comparing the 2020 and 2021 fascias, it doesn't look like angles should be any different. Painted things are lower and more exposed though. I saw one on a dealer lot the other day. Doesn't look any better in person. I also think the black bowtie is a much cleaner look than the embossed lettering. Q3 sales figures were just released yesterday or this morning, and sales are down. I wouldn't bet money on a diesel being left over and discounted. Production is also down. The Corvette factory shut down in the last day or two for lack of supply chain. You can get a decent deal without resorting to leftovers. Typically, it's not hard to beat invoice, even if you special order something. That said, we're in somewhat uncharted territory these days. The dealer lot near me is at something like 10% capacity, and it's mostly little subcompacts in a very truck/suv market.

emulous74

I highly doubt Chevy would of made the approach angle worse for the ZR2 with the facelift, the Gladiator Rubicon is the most direct competitor and already has better approach angles, and my guess is what's under the new bumper fascia is the same as the 2020, it would cost way too much money in changing the bumper structure and the associated crash testing for something that is getting replaced in 2023. My best guess is that the current hidden winch kits supplied by the aftermarket will just need to change their instructions on cutting the bumper fascia.

Redheddedwonder

I highly doubt Chevy would of made the approach angle worse for the ZR2 with the facelift, the Gladiator Rubicon is the most direct competitor and already has better approach angles, and my guess is what's under the new bumper fascia is the same as the 2020, it would cost way too much money in changing the bumper structure and the associated crash testing for something that is getting replaced in 2023. My best guess is that the current hidden winch kits supplied by the aftermarket will just need to change their instructions on cutting the bumper fascia.
I agree on the factory approach angle. The Colorado actually beats the gladiator on break over and departure, and that’s on stock tires. The approach is where the gladiator wins by a long shot. I was just noticing how the way the front is designed it seems like it will be harder for them to design bumpers for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94