2021 Titan XD Build

skrypj

I am also excited about this build. I do like the Titan XD a lot and will consider when I start shopping for a new truck.

There are some guys around here with XD’s that have either 4 or 6” lifts.

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
Cool to see an XD getting the treatment that's a sharp looking truck!
Our friend who camps with us just about every trip is towing the exact same trailer as ours with a 2019 Tundra Platinum. The semi trucks and cross winds push him around pretty bad, whereas I'm back there driving with one hand on the wheel not feeling any of it.
I wonder how much of this comes down to frame stiffness? The Tundra frame is just about the noodliest frame you can get for it's weight rating, since they weren't fully boxed on that era. I had an interesting discussion with an engineer at one of the top aftermarket shock makers...he chased his tail for a week trying to trouble shoot bad ride quality on one of those Tundras...turns out, all the bed bolts had worked loose 1/4-1/2 turn and that led to a significant reduction in torsional rigidity in the rear.

But hey...legendary Toyota reliability and build quality...best vehicles ever amirite?

01tundra

Explorer
Welcome fellow Toyota convert. It's quiet over here but it leaves more time to rag on 3rd gen Tundra owners ;)

I'm not quite a full convert, I'm still rocking the '03 Tacoma as well :cool:

xYevDZQ.jpg

01tundra

Explorer
Decided to put some Bilstein 5100's on the back.

It may be my imagination, but it feels a little more connected to the road now and less bounce/thrashing while climbing our driveway. It's the same thing I experienced with my last 2500HD when I installed Bilsteins.

tQ9yJNX.jpg

Last edited:

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Not surprised the 5100s helped. My stock Pro4x bilsteins were oddly tuned and everyone seems to like the 5100s. The Icons made a significant difference on my truck.

01tundra

Explorer
Well.....it's official, I've gone over to the darkside :).

It was the right vehicle and the right time for our towing needs......and the 3,997 lbs of payload didn't hurt either.

The Titan was good to me, but it's time to make a change.

2p0O6u7.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Well.....it's official, I've gone over to the darkside :).

It was the right vehicle and the right time for our towing needs......and the 3,997 lbs of payload didn't hurt either.

The Titan was good to me, but it's time to make a change.

2p0O6u7.jpg
Good looking truck. Any plans for it?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
For now just trying to get my Yakima Overhaul HD bed rack mounted and figuring out how to mount our Engle refrigerator.

Possibly an onboard air system.
Still trying to figure out a rack system for my F150 that'll work with the Ford tonneau cover myself.
Looks like Adarac is one of the only racks that'll work with a hard folding tonneau.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior