2021 Tahoe- Interesting but not sold on it

Yroundrdn

Observer
Well this is interesting. I think I like the rear diff being tucked up high but the writer didn't have a lot of good to talk about the other items. I would think it's not too hard to protect that but then, who buys a $60k vehicle and drags it over everything.
New Tahoe

Attachments

• profile.PNG
    profile.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • New Tahoe.PNG
    New Tahoe.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • Under.PNG
    Under.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 163

phsycle

Adventurer
I actually like it. But I’ve always liked Tahoe/Burbans. IRS makes sense. Ride should be real nice. Pretty cool they’re offering a diesel as well.

1576116667432.png

If I could afford it I would probably seriously consider a diesel Z71 but it'll probably be close to $70k so I'll wait about 15-20 years when it's closer to $5k haha

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I personally like the styling of it, better than that of the sister Silverado truck of the same...but I am partial to my 2016 Silverado rcsb 4x4

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I concur. They did a nicer job of that front end on the Tahoe/Burb than they did on the Silverados which just look hideous and silly. Those are nice looking.

As for that first picture, I find it tough to believe that GM would offer it with that suspension for sale. Even with the Z71 package that looks way too high. With smaller tires and a lower suspension it will look more like a modern Expedition.

IRS doesn't bother me, for the kind of use this truck is going to get, IRS is fine. Preferable, in fact, because it allows for a lower floor and more interior space.

I don't know if you can get these without all the power folding stuff (power folding seats, power tailgate, etc) it would be nice but my guess is that most of them will be sold with all that stuff included. I'd also guess that low range will be continue to be an option for the 4x4 models.

Unfortunately prices on Tahoe/Suburbans are in the nosebleed region, $60k and up. Crazy money for a "utility vehicle." But of course if you want "utility" you don't get a Tahoe or 'Burb, you get a pickup.

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Front end looks like they stole styling queues from a 4Runner...

I don't think they are offering the Z71 with the Diesel (as dumb as that sounds), I believe Car and Drivers article mentions this specifically....

rkj__

Adventurer
I think the 2021 is a great update. The increased interior space is excellent. The Z71 provides a nice off road look. I think families that can afford one, will be pretty happy.

emulous74

I personally think they are making a mistake not offering the Z71 with the diesel. Same crap that you can't get a Trail Boss Silverado with the diesel. They sell a distant amount of ZR2 Diesels. I wondering if they think it can't handle the tough stuff? I test drove a Silverado with the new 6cyl diesel and was mighty impressed.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
I like the look of it a lot. Except that front grille that takes up the entire front. Even BMW can't compete with that.

rayra

Expedition Leader
They've plainly embraced their limo / car for hire user base. They aren't 'trucks' anymore. That's been true since the cut the 3/4-ton to non-fleet customers.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
They've plainly embraced their limo / car for hire user base. They aren't 'trucks' anymore. That's been true since the cut the 3/4-ton to non-fleet customers.

Well, they know their market. ?‍♀️

There's just not a lot of people out there who can drop ~65k on a new vehicle and then want to take it to the boonies or fill it up with firewood. And GM clearly doesn't care about the secondary market (nor should they, really.)

If all things were equal, I'd prefer a single-cabin vehicle like a Tahoe/Suburban/Expedition to a pickup.

But all things AREN'T equal. For whatever reason, the auto manufacturers have decided that there's just no market for a "utilitarian" full sized SUV.

With families getting smaller, they are probably right. A crew cab pickup will suit most people who need a rugged vehicle that can carry both passengers and cargo.

I don't like it, but neither can I fault their logic.

EDITED TO ADD: If I was King of the Universe, I'd see to it that they offered a 'base model' Suburban and Tahoe. Rubber floor mats, V6 engine, T-case shifter on the floor (I'd say manual transmission too but that would really be unrealistic.) And cargo doors (although I actually liked the lift gate on the Suburban. Unlike the gate on both of my 4runners, the one on the 'burb actually acted as a very good rain shelter.) But GM would likely lose money on such a vehicle so I can't blame them for not offering it.

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
If I could afford it I would probably seriously consider a diesel Z71 but it'll probably be close to $70k so I'll wait about 15-20 years when it's closer to $5k haha
More like 80k

The old ones even last month were selling for 70k.

MSRP on my loaded 19 Expedition was $84,000. I paid $3250 below invoice which was roughly $12,000 off msrp. But that was with a week of negotiations and using a perks at work True car discount. I couldn’t get our local GM dealers to even negotiate even while standing there with check book in hand.

Yeah these rigs are crazy expensive. I won’t ever pay this much for a car again in my lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94