2021 Tacoma - 6 Speed Manual - "Overland Light" MPG Build

rruff

Explorer
Tacoma once was a "budget" pickup. But today... it costs nearly the same as a "real" truck.

The sad truth was that there is very little cost savings in designing and manufacturing a smaller vehicle. Without a big gas tax or other incentive, we tend to gravitate towards bigger...

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
I've been shopping 4runners and tacomas for a few months but from what I can find and what local dealerships are asking - I'd be better off getting a new f150 or ram frankly. They are no longer a budget vehicle at all. The only reason to purchase one would be that you wanted the smaller space frankly. MPG and price seem to be about the same in my comparisons.

montypower

Adventure Time!
@chadwicksavage True. From a price and economy standpoint. Totally agree. Ram quality has improved but Ford still has the better overall build/platform.

4runner or Tacoma is a much easier to zip around town/park and or off road maneuverability. Stronger resale. Proven reliability/durability. Tacoma offers the manual transmission.

Need to weigh out what is most important! I'd look to buy a F250 over the F150 in terms of functionality and capability. However the economy of the ultra high tech drivetrain is interesting (while in warranty). :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94