2021 RimRocker Colorado -Moab Moto/Camping Run....V3.0

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Well, been busy as hell goofing off with the new shop, traveling and most importantly getting ATC orders and custom gear out......but, time is closing fast for this years Rimrocker run! We head out next Friday and I'm doing the mad rush putting the bike back together. New shock, brakes, fluids, carb cleaning, new fuel/drain hoses, plug, chain oiler, bags and I still need to get new tires and organize my gear........going to be close but can't wait to get on the road (trails!).

857842C6-9417-484B-8D33-397D09857E6D.jpeg3E3769C2-D0FA-4929-977F-1F56622885B2.jpeg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Getting new tires this morning on the old tractor! Kevin Burden and I got to spend a couple of hours planning our route. It'll be an epic route in western and southern Colorado. 5-6 days of camping, Rimrocking and mountain pass bagging to include Black Bear and the Alpine Loop. Head out next Thursday at 0900 in Idaho Springs, Co. if your up for it!

3AB5505A-F881-4BDD-A043-0B9C40E74D0C.jpeg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Fascinating....Learned something new......I've been adventure riding for 17 years (same bike), thousands of miles and have always been pleased with the Wolfman Alfa Pack luggage system the entire time. I always knew it made the bike a bit top heavy but, I worked with it. Out of curiosity, I picked up some cheap soft pannier bags for this trip to see what the whole pannier thing is about....Just did a load-out test ride....holy crap do they make a difference. Putting all the weight down low makes a huge difference in the balance and control of the bike! Can't wait for Thursday to hit the road now!

Circa 2021:
DF3191EF-D25C-477A-A56D-592CA77E6DB1.jpeg

Circa 2004:
089D90C5-4509-4047-9F27-8EFA3AF5396D.jpeg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Two days out. Got my oil change done and all fluids checked. All my gear/luggage mounted and just fine tuning contents. Managed to remove approx. 20% of what I carried last year and 30% over the year before but, it still seems like alot of stuff for a week in the mountains! On the other side, I tend to want to be comfy when camping so it's all needed.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
If you've ever done Schofield Pass, down hill from the Crested Butte side, during a thunderstorm with lightening, at the off-camber portion above the Devil's Punchbowl on two adventure bikes with a friend then you will understand this picture.
IMG_20210722_163353147.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Well, home again after cutting the trip short by two days due the 2021 Colorado Monsoon Season! It seems the entire state of Colorado was getting rained on. Yesterday we road from Moab to Buena Vista and got rain, sleet and hailed on and then as I headed home I got hit by 7 more thunderstorms. Once I get things dried out I'll get an AAR up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles