2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

ramblinChet

Today I was able to install the OEM rear inner fender liners along with the Mopar off-road fender flares.

Truck with new Mopar off-road fender flares:
IMG_0001x.JPG

Close up of front:
IMG_0002x.JPG

Close up of rear:
IMG_0003x.JPG

Close up of inner fender liner:
IMG_0004x.JPG

Oblique shot of front:
IMG_0009x.JPG

Oblique shot of rear:
IMG_0010x.JPG

Detail shot of front rear section:
IMG_0005x.JPG

Detail shot of rear rear section:
IMG_0006x.JPG

ramblinChet

Do those flares actually screw into the side if the truck?

Negative. They are actual bolts but are very shallow and only bolt though the plastic. It's a really nice kit - the fenders are shaped very well and follow the body contour perfectly. The rubber seal is nice, it comes with good instructions, etc. I am a pretty picky guy and even I was impressed by this kit.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The bolt heads kill it for me. I much prefer the smooth lines of the previous 4th Gen fender flares over these. Bummer.

Looking for some of these parts for my same truck and running into wall with availability everywhere lol.

ramblinChet

OK, I do recall someone in another post stating that adjusting the fog lights in place was very difficult since there was not much room to fit the tool in there. I took a look at the bracket while I was testing the fit of the fog lights and decided to drill a hole that would permit easier access. Of course, it began to rain just as I was preparing to bolt the fog lights in but we will see tomorrow if this tiny modification is beneficial or not.

OEM fog lamp bracket with 10 mm hole drilled
IMG_0002.JPG

Tool passing through hole and inserted into socket head cap screw for fog light adjustment
IMG_0004.JPG

DD fog light mounted in OEM bracket
IMG_0009.JPG

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I currently have the same truck as @ramblinChet (2021 RAM 3500), I've owned a 2018 4th Gen Power Wagon and four Super Duty's from 2011-2017 model years. I can say this about forward visibility between the RAM and the Ford. The Ram has a shorter hood but it's taller, I feel like I still have better visibility in front of the hood of the RAM because of that, but it might just be optimistic thinking lol. The Ford has a more upright windshield and the roof is taller making for a better field of view from inside the cabin. I sort of prefer the feel and forward view from inside the cabin of the Ford but the RAM is no slouch and some prefer it's more steeply angled windshield.

ramblinChet

Today I installed the Diode Dynamics fog lights using all of the OEM hardware. They will become active when I install the LED projector lights along with the custom wiring harness that will feed the headlights and fogs.

Overall shot for reference
IMG_0008.JPG

Close up
IMG_0016.JPG

Interior shot looking up at drivers side fog and bracket
IMG_0003.JPG

nickw

Adventurer
Today I installed the Diode Dynamics fog lights using all of the OEM hardware. They will become active when I install the LED projector lights along with the custom wiring harness that will feed the headlights and fogs.

Overall shot for reference
View attachment 658971

Close up
View attachment 658972

Interior shot looking up at drivers side fog and bracket
View attachment 658973
Thats a damn good looking truck, very simple. I really like the HD pickups without chrome....

Tex68w

Beach Bum

ramblinChet

Can you post pics of the new switch in the cabin?

I decided to use the OEM headlight switch which has the fog and bed light switched embedded. I had also considered using one of my six auxiliary switches but I have other plans for most of them.

IMG_0001.JPG

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I decided to use the OEM headlight switch which has the fog and bed light switched embedded. I had also considered using one of my six auxiliary switches but I have other plans for most of them.

View attachment 659094

Is that the part number you listed a few pages back? Was it a plug-n-play kind of deal? I'd like to run the same setup but with Baja Designs lights when I install the AEV front bumper.

ramblinChet

Is that the part number you listed a few pages back? Was it a plug-n-play kind of deal? I'd like to run the same setup but with Baja Designs lights when I install the AEV front bumper.

I guess the first questions would be does your truck have OEM fogs and are they LED?

If you have fogs and they are halogen you can plug them in and update your BCM to reflect that you now have LEDs installed. If you already have factory LEDs it's just plug and play.

If you do not have factory fog lights you must decide how you would like to switch your new LED fogs - OEM headlight switch like I am doing, one of your six auxiliary switches or separate third parts switch. Third party switch is easy - find 12 Vdc and send it out. Auxiliary switches are quite easy and look good also but they are not triggered on or off by low-beam of high-beam lights. Running through the OEM headlight switch is the most difficult but the cleanest. Lot's of choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles