2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Sounds awesome and I do hope gears are eventually available for this truck. Let's see some pics of yours or do you have a link to a thread?

It looks like 6-8" or so. I will snap a picture.
Sorry no build thread - I don't have any good pictures of it just yet. Will send you some when I finally get some. Camper is off the truck at the moment while I finish adding some stuff to the box

ramblinChet

4500lbs payload, that crazy. That’s almost twice a crew cab 2500.
Yeah, that value works perfect for me since my FWC Grandby plus gear should add 2,000-2,250 so the truck will ride and drive just fine.
That is awesome. I wish I only needed a regular cab. I envy you.
Well thanks, it was odd even beginning to consider a regular cab and long bed but it is the optimum layout for my purpose. It feels like most every single truck felt like several decades ago and I like it.

jonathon

I didn't realize that the shifter went to a dial? I'd heard of them on the 1500's.

2019+ 2500/3500 trucks with the 6.4 Hemi are equipped with the 8HP75 and it is fabulous. Quite frankly the transmission and interior makes Ram stand out for a gasoline powered V8 truck.

ramblinChet

OK, might as well begin documenting modifications and upgrades in this thread also. Thanks for the recommendations guys - these are perfect!

husky.jpg

FJ SD

Builder
Looking forward to seeing your build progress! Please share how the headlight retrofit goes. I am considering ordering a tradesman and performing the same modification albeit with the blacked-out LED headlights -- however I was told that the LED headlight swap is only compatible if your truck came with LED lights from factory. Hoping this information is false, and the swap should be simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles