2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

Rockaway

No updates so far since my truck should arrive in late March and my camper will be ready in January 2022. I have been spending much time researching exactly how I am going to lay out my interior and which components I will use. I have a National Luna 80L refrigerator and BattleBorn 100 Ah battery that I have used in another vehicle for the past few years that will go into this.

What are your plans?

I also went for the 2020 tradesman 2500 though mine is a diesel. I made the mistake of driving the Cummins and could not resist. I really like how you set your truck up to be an efficient full time overland rig. I plan on keeping mine fairly stock until the extended warranty I bought is used up. Dodge does make a few nice off road items that will be put on eventually. Such as the off road package and larger alternator. I plan on running the stock tires until they are fairly thin before upgrading to some nice all terrains.

The FWC is coming along nicely. I purchased a used shell model with a heater, 160 watts of solar, two AGM batteries, LED rear lights, and side awning. A friend of mine is building it out. His attention to detail and skill level is much better then mine. He is building a full cabinet with sink, two drawers, and storage on the driver side. My water source will be a LIFESAVER water filter 5 gal jug with pump and water spicket. No electric water pump. My plan is to keep things as flexible as possible. I’m using a 40 liter Engel fridge. This will stay on the floor under the cab window of the camper and double as a seat. I like the idea of keeping the fridge as mobil as possible . Having the ability to take it outside or inside will be nice. A small corner cabinet and a long skinny upper cabinet above the window will be built for the passenger side. I’m trying to keep as much room in the middle of the camper as possible. A lagun table will be attached to the passenger side that swivels. Here are a couple pics of the build thus far.
fbbbcbf1cc600bb8034c68adb12ed09b.jpg

e6b6c2bad760853093d306c3797cc2b9.jpg

93ad278b13a8d2381071f85b6c846ce1.jpg

03ded4b64be3d55464dff74d97cc3bb3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ramblinChet

Wow, that is looking awesome! Do you have more information to share regarding the materials and components being used? It looks like plywood with veneer, nice hinges, etc. I can't wait to see your complete.

Rockaway

Wow, that is looking awesome! Do you have more information to share regarding the materials and components being used? It looks like plywood with veneer, nice hinges, etc. I can't wait to see your complete.

Thank you for the kind words. I’ll have to check with my friend/builder on exact materials and hardware. He checks in with me if he has any questions about placement of items or possible problem areas. I try to keep my nose out of his dugout when it comes to the build. He has a lot of experience building out campers and RV’s. They first thing he did was to build a caddy for the camper to get it inside his garage. His garage is build out as a nice wood working shop with full air filtering system. Very impressive. He is a full time school teacher as his main job. Part time wood worker/ fabricator. I’ll try to update the build as I receive more photos. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Rockaway

Thank you for the kind words. I’ll have to check with my friend/builder on exact materials and hardware. He checks in with me if he has any questions about placement of items or possible problem areas. I try to keep my nose out of his dugout when it comes to the build. He has a lot of experience building out campers and RV’s. They first thing he did was to build a caddy for the camper to get it inside his garage. His garage is build out as a nice wood working shop with full air filtering system. Very impressive. He is a full time school teacher as his main job. Part time wood worker/ fabricator. I’ll try to update the build as I receive more photos. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

A few more photos. Corner cabinet. A shelf will be added later. Above passenger window cabinet. A nice upgrade from the original pocket style . Better access when the top is down:)
5ea775682c1799239bc1a3ee02826104.jpg

3c4ac55e8f3bd7939f0ea5597197fbf7.jpg

4ff2f7e30fc79f152f3595289853ee5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockaway

Almost complete. These photos are a good representation of the builders craftsmanship. The face boards that look a bit light in color have not been finished yet. The finish should start out a bit light and eventually be very close to the stock cabinet color.

9d88f3eed883515e5b1a0f5ac99af376.jpg

6510cd7190e81905ed3437ea9d9c1943.jpg

6652a20668e5291bb4412f3fb6eb199e.jpg

Last edited:

Rockaway

These last few photos are the finished product. I’m very happy with the results.
aa9abe45227e9d3d31e0292f592b657d.jpg

e36e741cf991ae6d35f727cf275023c9.jpg

ceda037475629ab4525c100c6c371fe2.jpg

I will install a lagoon table with a top to match the counter. I’m very happy with the design. I wanted to make sure that it was simple but yet extremely functional. Notice there is no water Spicket above sink. I’ve had too many past experiences with freezing water. I plan to install a gray water tank underneath the sink. Something that is easily removed and emptied at the proper place. Counter space is very important to me. With this design there’s plenty of room to prepare food or work on whatever needs to be done. There is also plenty of room for me to scoot refrigerator to the side and sleep on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skrypj

With the 4.7:1 1st gear in that 8 speed and 4.10 axles, I bet you won't need to regear unless you go huge on the tires. It should have a pretty stout crawl ratio as is.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
What a beautiful truck! I am building out a Ram 2500 single cab long bed. FWC Raven and custom box to fill the void. Specifically went looking for a tradesman. ARB front and rear and 4.56 gears, AEV front bumper, Aluminess rear.

ramblinChet

What a beautiful truck! I am building out a Ram 2500 single cab long bed. FWC Raven and custom box to fill the void. Specifically went looking for a tradesman. ARB front and rear and 4.56 gears, AEV front bumper, Aluminess rear.
Sounds awesome and I do hope gears are eventually available for this truck. Let's see some pics of yours or do you have a link to a thread?
Nice. How much storage room is behind the seats?
It looks like 6-8" or so. I will snap a picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles