2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

ramblinChet

Here is a brief summary regarding lighting on the 2019+ RAM HDs. It sounds complex but once you step through it and visualize it makes is much easier to understand.

There are three levels of OEM lighting available:
  1. halogen
  2. LED reflector
  3. LED projector w/adaptive
If you have halogen the LED reflector will plug right into your OEM harness. You will also be required to change a setting in your BCM using AlfaOBD.

If you have halogen the LED projector w/adaptive requires a custom wiring harness with two wires plugged into your BCM along with a change in settings to your BCM using AlfaOBD.

I initially planned to upgrade to the reflector LEDs but after considering my desire to see as good as I possibly can the extra time and money seemed minor so I decided to go with the LED projector w/adaptive. The adaptive feature enables the projector lights to turn along with your steering wheel to help in "seeing around corners."

ramblinChet

Ordered my Mopar off-road flares since these are the same ones used by AEV on their Prospector builds running 37s and 3" of lift.

wheel flares.jpg

ramblinChet

Here are my wheelhouse liners for the rear. They cost $195 to have installed on the Tradesman when being built and these cost $170 delivered so I really didn't save much.

splash shield.jpg

ramblinChet

Here is the custom projection LED headlight and LED foglight harness that Jimmy07 designed and built for my rig:

IMG_0004.JPG

ramblinChet

Here is a detail shot of the 12-pin to 16-pin conversion that bridges the halogen harness to the projector LED one on the drivers and passengers side, respectively:

IMG_0006.JPG

ramblinChet

Here is the single C6-28 harness wire that must be routed into the Power Distribution Center plug C6 spot 28 in the engine bay:

IMG_0010.JPG

ramblinChet

This picture contains wires for the projector LEDs (red & black) along with the LED fog lights (yellow x2) which all must penetrate the firewall and connect under the dash. The red (pin 1) and black (pin 2) are inserted into a small white two-pin connector (center of harness pic above) and then plugged into the CANBUS junction block (green with black base). The fog light connectors (yellow x2) will plug into the C1:1 and C4:13 on the BCM under the dash:

IMG_0012.JPG

ramblinChet

All credit for knowledge of this complex electrical system, design and construction of the custom harness and detailed instructions should be directed towards Jimmy07. Thank you so much Jimmy07 and congratulations on such a great job - these harnesses are beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles