2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

ramblinChet

And here is some fine 6 AWG Ancor marine grade tinned battery cable I ordered to be used with the connector above.

169453-49719.jpg

6 AWG.jpg

Last edited:

ramblinChet

Today was an interesting day regarding upgrades to my truck - I am now scheduled for my Prospector build at AEV in Michigan.

We initially began discussing my desire for their suspension, rims and BFG ATs. The conversation turned towards my desire to mount the Warn 16.5ti so we began reviewing their bumpers. Time is critical to me and being able to ship my vehicle to them in late July and to have everything completed and delivered back four to six weeks later is worth it right now. My Prospector build is as follows:
  • Prospector package
  • AEV Salta HD wheels - black
  • BFG 37" K02 All Terrain tires
  • AEV 3" DualSport suspension
  • AEV logo headrest
  • Mopar high flare kit
  • AEV front bumper light bezel
  • AEV front bumper low tube
  • Tire pressure sensors (TPMS) x4
  • AEV HD front bumper
  • AEV HD rear bumper
  • Warn 16.5ti winch
  • AEV branding kit - black
  • AEV license plate mount
  • AEV full-size trail recovery kit
My total including Michigan sales tax is $16,687.22

2021-05-26_15.59.15.jpeg

Last edited:

ramblinChet

@wfv56 - what an awesome looking set-up you have there. How do you like your set-up and is there anything you would do different if you did it again?

@Tex68w - heck, I would see if you can place an order and put money down on them. Their bumpers look great in pictures but when you are up close and able to compare from many angles and really focus on the details, they just sell themselves. I am so picky and I can most always find fault with components but these stand alone and are simply the finest, bar none.

wfv56

Well its evolved a little since the original build. Same as yours a tradesman 3500 CTD delivered to AEV in Detroit for the full Prospector package. I travel with the camper a lot(48,000 miles first year and a half). I had Arizona Desert Suspension build some shocks to replace the 5100’s that AEV uses. The are valued for the loaded weight and noticeably better. That’s the only change from AEV’s work. AEV did also regear my axles during the original build. For the camper I’m using Battleborn batteries,Victron solar and battery to battery charge controllers with Mastervolt for a shore power charger. Rest of the camper is stock.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
@Tex68w - heck, I would see if you can place an order and put money down on them. Their bumpers look great in pictures but when you are up close and able to compare from many angles and really focus on the details, they just sell themselves. I am so picky and I can most always find fault with components but these stand alone and are simply the finest, bar none.

Yea I have a few buddies with factory PXL's, I've seen them up close and they are a nice bumper for sure. I might inquire about backordering one direct.

ramblinChet

For some time now I have been researching Coyote and Staun automatic tire deflators and decided the Coyote's were better for my application so I ordered up a set of four with an initial setting of 20 PSI.

coyote.jpg

ramblinChet

Purchased the tools necessary to install my Mopar heavy duty splash guards since the Mopar kit includes polyoxymethylene (POM) rivets as part of the installation. The Mopar directions also specify a 1/4" drill bit as being necessary.

poly.jpg

poly2.jpg

ramblinChet

Rode up on a scale today - it was a local government scale so I am not certain if it was calibrated or not.

My weight was 6,600 pounds and that included me in the truck (200) plus tools (75) and right at 1/4 tank of gasoline in my 32 gallon tank. My GVWR is 11,000 and payload is 4,529 so my curb weight should be 6,471. Taking my measured weight of 6,600 subtract myself (-200) and the tools (-75) and add the missing 24 gallons of gasoline (+150) and we are at 6,475. Darn, that worked out quite nice!

2021-06-12_23.24.18.jpeg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Rode up on a scale today - it was a local government scale so I am not certain if it was calibrated or not.

My weight was 6,600 pounds and that included me in the truck (200) plus tools (75) and right at 1/4 tank of gasoline in my 32 gallon tank. My GVWR is 11,000 and payload is 4,529 so my curb weight should be 6,471. Taking my measured weight of 6,600 subtract myself (-200) and the tools (-75) and add the missing 24 gallons of gasoline (+150) and we are at 6,475. Darn, that worked out quite nice!

View attachment 666053

Not bad. I weighed mine a few weeks back (bone stock, before the lift and 37's went on) with a full tank of diesel (28gal), full DEF tank (5.5gal), one tool bag (20lbs), no one inside and she came out to 7360lbs. That diesel is a heavy girl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles