2021 Overland Explorer Vehicles (OEV) CAMP-HBE pop-up flatbed pickup camper (renamed the "Hudson Bay" for 2023 model year)

tacollie

Glamper
Interesting. I guess that's a good strategy to be able to expand product lines without upsetting venders perse. Offgrid will sell FWC and Superpacific campers and 10X will sell the OEV and Yuca Pac campers as separate dealers under one parent company?
Hard to say. It sucks having business partners. Maybe they did split up. It's a little weird considering Off-grid changed their name less than 1 year ago.

It's crazy FWC allowed 2 dealers to be less than 30 minutes from each other.

Chadx

♫ Off the road again. Just can't wait to get...
For those that missed it in the CAMP-X/Backcountry thread, there was also a dealer change in Bozeman, MT.

When Big Sky RV was taken over by "Bish's RV" chain, they stopped ordering OEV and were just selling off current stock. When I asked, they said they had stopped carrying OEV. I was hoping another local shop would pick up OEV. Dark Horse Customs has done so.

While Dark Horse Customs isn't a camper/RV carrier, they are well known for their offroad customization, performance and other vehicle mods, as well as restorations, hot rod work and custom fabrications. This should be a good fit and will likely result in a more focused, knowledgeable and enthusiastic support compared to that from an RV/Camper dealer that carries many, many brands.

sn_85

Observer
Also noticed that Asheville Vehicle Outfitters is no longer an OEV dealer. They are now selling FWC. Seems like a big step backwards but maybe there are fatter margins on the FWC...?

tacollie

Glamper
I have an appointment to pickup our under bed storage tomorrow. I'll get the scoop from Off-grid.

FWC is cheaper and probably easier to sell. We got our Camp-x new for $43k this spring and it was a hard pill to swallow. It's the most expensive thing I've bought that isn't a building. If we ordered the same thing today it would be $54k. That's a big step up price wise.

Wakeup2river

2023 F350 XL STX 7.3L Godzilla 4.30 e-lock camper/plow package. Factory Warn winch. AirLift bags. 35” Goodyear Duratrac aftermarket. Suspension is stock for now, 50 psi in the bags is a bit much. Probably will do custom leafs and shocks.

we are looking at building the same set up but a super cab long bed.
With a 4800 payload do you really need the airbags? At least my truck pans out to 4,800.

WW Cyclist

I have a '23 F-350 Cab and Chassis, Bowen Customs tray and HBE 6.75. Added 2 leaves to the pack with no other suspension upgrades. Truck sits level and rides the same as it did before I installed the camper. It's not a Cadillac ride but it is level and solid. Trying to stay as stock as possible for international travel.

Ninelitetrip

I have a '23 F-350 Cab and Chassis, Bowen Customs tray and HBE 6.75. Added 2 leaves to the pack with no other suspension upgrades. Truck sits level and rides the same as it did before I installed the camper. It's not a Cadillac ride but it is level and solid. Trying to stay as stock as possible for international travel.

Saw this rig in Arizona. Nice setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles