2021 KTM 890 Adventure R

Tex68w

Beach Bum
@sakurama, who's on here just picked one up. Here's his thread; 890 BDR build. Gregor is a wizard.

I am familiar with his previous builds over on ADVRider, he's a mad scientist for sure and I look forward to seeing what he can do with the 890.

I can say that my buddies who have been riding and abusing their 790 Adventure R's for the past few years have found very few places where the bike can't go. It is hands down the most off-road worthy of the middle weight ADV options.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I found some time to get a few farkles on the bike over the weekend, there are still more to come. I still haven't broken 100 miles on the ODO yet, working six hours away from home during the week leaves little free time when I get home on the weekends. :cautious:

Rottweiler Performance Trans Saver and Vanasche Billet Counter Shaft Protector (no mud buildup like with the OEM solid plastic guard).

ySLbBjh.jpg

Rottweiler Performance Rear Brake Master Cylinder Guard, Camel ADV One-Finger Clutch Arm, Vanasche Rear Brake Pedal Pad P3.

T4dTTYM.jpg

MotoMinded ABS Cable Guard.

hwxnzaM.jpg

Camel ADV Neck Brace Headlight Support.

aTVnioW.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
We've been without power for 30+ hours now thanks to Hurricane Nicholas so after cleaning up the mess in the yard from the trees and getting the generators rolling I decided to install a few items I have been putting off. I'll eventually install the Rottweiler full replacement intake that has a proper air filter that actually seals and is easy to replace and access, but until then the Rottweiler Pre-Filter setup will do just fine. I also installed the Rottweiler TFT display screen protector, it should be rid of the bubbles and moisture in another day or two.

oZKU2MS.jpg

LboIBlL.jpg

B73kqaH.jpg

cCKWbBW.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
We finally got some cooler weather on a day off so I took out this morning to run the coast line, grab a cup of coffee and stack some break-in miles on this beast. I am certain that it will get smoother and better in time as today was much nicer than on previous rides. I can't imagine how much I'll like this bike once I can fully use Rally mode.

Brew-N-Bake in Lake Jackson, TX.

iuYsWdw.jpg

Running the coast line on Sargent Beach in Sargent, TX.

4dlG6q3.jpg

mHNyekm.jpg

Atop the new causeway that replaced the last swing bridge in Texas in Sargent, TX.

60EVUkG.jpg

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Damn, looks awesome! I've been eyeing one of these just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'll be following this for sure! I have to say, cruise control is a game changer. My dad picked up a used 1290 with it and it's a fun ride and makes long stretches a lot easier.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Damn, looks awesome! I've been eyeing one of these just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'll be following this for sure! I have to say, cruise control is a game changer. My dad picked up a used 1290 with it and it's a fun ride and makes long stretches a lot easier.

Agreed, I used it a few times today on some long straight stretches and it was a game changer for my wrists. This bike is a keeper, it'll stick around for the long haul as a BDR type ride, KTM definitely hit a home run with this model. I have a few more mods in the garage waiting to be installed when I have some free time.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
We finally got some cooler weather on a day off so I took out this morning to run the coast line, grab a cup of coffee and stack some break-in miles on this beast. I am certain that it will get smoother and better in time as today was much nicer than on previous rides. I can't imagine how much I'll like this bike once I can fully use Rally mode.

mHNyekm.jpg

Looks great, and by all accounts you are right that they hit it out of the park on this one. I took it easy on my 1090 to break it in. You're in for a great time when you experiment with the different ride modes.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Looks great, and by all accounts you are right that they hit it out of the park on this one. I took it easy on my 1090 to break it in. You're in for a great time when you experiment with the different ride modes.

I've pegged it a handful of times but the rev limit is governed down to 6,500 rpm's so it's pretty mild. Definitely looking forward to a fully unlocked bike.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Rallz rear en route but the new Motoz Tractionator Dual Venture arrived today. Looks similar to the TKC80 but with smaller knobs. Motoz claims it's a 70/30 tire but it looks more like a 50/50 to me, I guess the compound is the difference maker. I'll have to report back once they are mounted up and I get some time on the pair. It's looking like we might tackle the Nevada BDR at the end of the month.

R3INMcV.jpg

vOG12cy.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I was just watching a review of that tire. Looks like a good option.

I have high hopes for it as a crossover of sorts that is mild on the street and still performs in the rocks/sand/slop off-road. The fact that you can run it in either direction "should" make for good mileage life, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles