2021 KTM 890 Adventure R

Tex68w

Beach Bum
It was damn near perfect motorcycling weather today so we got out for a RTE Ride and put down 230 miles amongst the twisties and back roads, it was a good day. I am loving everything about this bike except for one thing, the sound of the engine. The engine has a very agricultural sound and in no way is it melodic or pleasant, hopefully aftermarket exhaust will help it some.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I am loving everything about this bike except for one thing, the sound of the engine. The engine has a very agricultural sound and in no way is it melodic or pleasant, hopefully aftermarket exhaust will help it some.
I feel the exact same way about my 1090..

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I feel the exact same way about my 1090..
I've heard a few reviewers coin it as "it sounds like a box of bolts being tossed about" haha. It's awful and I catch myself listening to it almost out of concern as I ride along lol. I foresee a decat pipe and possibly a different muffler in its future.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Camel ADV Gut Guard/Skid Plate installed today. Removing those rubber plugs in the bottom of the case was an absolute PITA, I had to hit them with some heat to get them off.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Pretty tight tolerances between the Arrow DeCat Midpipe and the Camel ADV Gut Guard. And yes, I am aware that I didn't reconnect the drain line to the tank skid.