SOLD - 2021 Hiatus Hard-sided popup camper with 2021 Ford F150 Powerboost

lui248

A rare find hard-sided popup camper by Hiatus Campers (patent pending). New orders need to wait 24 months to deliver. Good sound and temperature insulation (vs. a soft-sided popup camper). Lightweight and low-profile (vs. the hard-sided slide-in camper)
  • 1 upper sleeping platform (74" x72" for 2 adults and 2 kids) plus 1 adult sleeping platform ( 32"x72") converted from dinette
  • Fan-Tastic Vent
  • ICECO 40 liter fridge
  • SOK 100Ah lithium battery with Bluetooth and built-in heater
  • indoor and outdoor shower
  • 10 Gal water tank ( can add 15+ Gal to the spare tire mount if the spare tire is moved to the hitch)
  • 4 Gal Hot water heater
  • hot and cold water faucet
  • cassette toilet
  • big underfloor and side storage
  • future potentials:
    • bigger and aggressive tires and wheels
    • roof rack rail installed (ready to install cross bars)
    • kitchen area ready to put your own design (gas or induction)
    • Side and back wall for installing Recovery Boards and other gears
    • Swivel table mount for the dinette included (table not included)
2021 F150 XLT 4WD SuperCrew 5.5' Box with PowerBoost (Black)
Current MSRP for the same config: $63,075
  • 5300 miles
  • Tow Technology Pkg
  • Sport appearance pkg
  • Tailgate step
  • Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0
  • Interior Work Surface
  • B&O sound system
  • Fold-Flat Storage
  • Floor Liners – Tray Style
  • Aftermarket addition
    • Custom diamond pattern leather seats ($1,800)
    • Ceramic windows tinting ($240)
    • Fender flare ($250)
    • Rear wheel well liner ($95)
$76,800 OBO
Castro Valley, CA

DSC05476_2.jpg

DSC05477.jpg

DSC05478.jpg

IMG20220922102753.jpg
IMG20220922103117.jpg
IMG20220922104411.jpg
IMG20220922184836.jpg
IMG202209221845341.jpg
20220910_1340092.jpg
IMG20220922101606.jpg

Video of other owners to show how it opens and closes:

Last edited:

lui248

Not many people know about it. Soft popup or hard-sided are very popular. But, they have their downsides. Poor sound and temperature insulation for soft popup. Hard-sided is always too tall and too heavy. It may be hard to go thru some narrow roads. The hard-sided popup is a hybrid with the benefit of both.

Superduty

Adventurer
Is the shower cube through the side "window" a DIY or a factory option?

You indicate interior shower. How does that work?

Can you get into the camper when it is in the down position or do the hard sides consume the interior?

Very nice set up. GLWS

lui248

Is the shower cube through the side "window" a DIY or a factory option?

You indicate interior shower. How does that work?

Can you get into the camper when it is in the down position or do the hard sides consume the interior?

Very nice set up. GLWS
Sorry for the late reply. There is no notification for me.
It is a DIY option. Just snap on the clip and fasten the velcro.
You can get in the camper when it is down. It is better than the soft-sided popup with the canvas all around the edge when it is down. My wife used the toilet for emergencies on the road with the top down.

lui248

Would you consider just selling the camper? And of course if so, at what price?
Thanks
We need jacks to unload the camper and check if the truck will fit the camper. Also, all interiors are custom-made for the truck. It will take time to undo it. In the meantime, I would prefer to sell it together. I hope someone is looking for both or is willing to sell their truck.

lui248

Sorry for the late reply. There is no notification for me.
It is a DIY option. Just snap on the clip and fasten the velcro.
You can get in the camper when it is down. It is better than the soft-sided popup with the canvas all around the edge when it is down. My wife used the toilet for emergencies on the road with the top down.
For the inside shower, it will reuse the frame for the outside shower and hook to the side of the ceiling. The floor has a removable wood panel. There is a shower pan under there. I prefer to use the outdoor shower. The inside one is mainly for very cold weather.

lui248

Many asked if the camper and truck will be sold separately.

First of all, I am not sure the camper will fit your truck. Even if it fits, you will need to use cranks/jacks to move the camper to your truck and then secure it with clamps. Secondly, all cabinets and accessories are tailor-made to fit the truck bed. It may not fit into your truck.

Therefore, I suggest you buy my F150 and camper. Note that F150 PowerBoost comes with an inverter which can charge the lithium battery and the hot water heater.

lui248

Very nice build. Curious as to why you are selling?
Are you doing a different rig or camper. Thank you.
This camper is highly customized. It includes all the amenities you may need. (including toilet, inside and outside shower, dinette, etc) I hope all these will help my wife to enjoy outdoor activities. Unfortunately, she said she prefers to go on a cruise or stay in a hotel. That is why you can see it has very low mileage. Happy wife happy life.
Besides, all the functions it had, I still have some ideas to make it look tougher and nicer. I will let the next person carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior