2021 Ford F250 Tremor Adventure Rig

trailmalarkey

We spent the last four days mountain biking and exploring around St. George, Utah. We've ridden there multiple times but decided to try a new trail one day and hit up an old favorite the next. The new trail was...janky. We love technical riding but this one just wasn't that much fun. There were a few interesting spots and some seriously difficult moves that were fun to session but overall the trail didn't offer much flow. Views were outstanding, though. That's true of both trails, actually.

Yeah, Holy Guacamole is punchy and taxing. Flow is something the area lacks in general (compared to other parts of Utah), but Wire is a blast both directions. Gooseberry is a ton of fun, too.

What camera setup are you using on your rides? Your photos are fantastic!

BretEdge

Adventurer
Yeah, Holy Guacamole is punchy and taxing. Flow is something the area lacks in general (compared to other parts of Utah), but Wire is a blast both directions. Gooseberry is a ton of fun, too.

What camera setup are you using on your rides? Your photos are fantastic!

Love Gooseberry and Wire Mesa. Also enjoy all the trails over in the Santa Clara area.

I shoot with a Sony A7III and 24-105mm lens, although I just bought the Sigma 14-24 f/2.8 and initial impressions are very, very good. Build quality is outstanding and image quality seems to be top notch, too. I'll have a better understanding of how it performs when I get home from current Sedona trip. Using it a fair amount here. Appreciate the kind comments on my photography.

trailmalarkey

Love Gooseberry and Wire Mesa. Also enjoy all the trails over in the Santa Clara area.

I shoot with a Sony A7III and 24-105mm lens, although I just bought the Sigma 14-24 f/2.8 and initial impressions are very, very good. Build quality is outstanding and image quality seems to be top notch, too. I'll have a better understanding of how it performs when I get home from current Sedona trip. Using it a fair amount here. Appreciate the kind comments on my photography.

Love the Santa Clara trails! Barrel Roll and Zen are some of my favorites.

Very nice! Thanks for the info. The A7 range has been on my radar of awhile; seems like all of the great photos/video I've come across are shot on these. How are you carrying the camera? Anything specific you do to keep it safe while riding? I generally ride with a hip pack, so would likely need to invest in a backpack.

Enjoy Sedona! Such an amazing area with fantastic trails.

BretEdge

Adventurer
We spent a week in Sedona over Thanksgiving and during that time we hiked or mountain biked every day, often exploring well off the beaten path to access Sinagua ruins, a number of caves and an arch with a particularly spectacular view. There was much bushwhacking, more than a few cactus pricks/rock bruises/tree scratches and one awesome experience observing several javelina feeding in a wash. All together, we notched over 40 miles and nearly 9,000' of elevation gain. The caves and ruins do not come without significant effort. Usually, this involved hiking, then scrambling, and in one case, a sketchy class III climb up, and then back down, a nearly vertical 20' wall. Lots of ledge walking with significant exposure, too. We only had one failed mission and that was only because we reached a spot that required a scramble/climb in a very remote canyon that we would have to also descend on the way out, and as bad as we wanted to continue we recognized that it was just outside of our abilities. My legs and back were sore for a solid three days after arriving home. Guess that means I need to spend more time putting miles on them, right?

We had a fantastic campsite for the duration of our visit, surrounded by golden grasses that, apparently, we were all allergic to. But, it was quiet, mostly flat, not too far from town and tough enough to access that it would keep most of the riff raff out...except a wedding party. On our second or third night we arrived back at camp right at sunset after a big day on the trail to find a small wedding taking place at our campsite. Now, we knew that we'd need to make it obvious that someone was camping there so we put a homemade sign at the start of the rocky road into the site advising that it was occupied, erected a tent at the site and left behind a table and three camp chairs. The wedding party removed the sign (never to be recovered), piled our table and chairs on the tent and erected a gazebo cobbled together with juniper wood and screws. I was...not happy. I mustered as much empathy and calmness as I could before approaching them. An old hippy dude with long gray hair ran toward me and explained that his daughter "selected" the site for her wedding. I explained that we'd "selected" it as our campsite. He promised they would be done in 20 minutes and I didn't want to ruin their special day, so we backed the truck up so as not to interfere with the ceremony and waited for them to finish. I noticed that they didn't have a professional photographer and offered to take a few photos for the bride and groom but they declined. On our last night a Yavapai County deputy visited us as he'd seen the rig from a distance and mistaken it for an ambulance. Super nice guy and we had a good chat. I appreciated him checking on us.

We're headed to Phoenix and Tucson for a couple of weeks over the holidays. Most of the time we'll be at our favorite campground in the McDowell Mountains, where nearly every night we fall asleep to coyotes yipping in the desert and every day we're able to ride for miles and miles directly from our campsite. We are hoping to notch a couple nights remote camping, though. Building an itinerary involving lots of hikes and rides, plus some museum visits. Should be a good time and a great way to bring in 2022.

Attachments

• First Light Backllights Grasses at an Overlanding Campsite on Beaverhead Flats near Sedona.jpg
    First Light Backllights Grasses at an Overlanding Campsite on Beaverhead Flats near Sedona.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Pastel Sunset Sky at Overlanding Campsite near Sedona-3.jpg
    Pastel Sunset Sky at Overlanding Campsite near Sedona-3.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Melissa Edge Enjoying Sunset View from Merry Go Round Rock in Sedona-10.jpg
    Melissa Edge Enjoying Sunset View from Merry Go Round Rock in Sedona-10.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Melissa Edge Watching Sunrise from Atop a Hoodoo in sedona Wrapped in Voited Blanket-4.jpg
    Melissa Edge Watching Sunrise from Atop a Hoodoo in sedona Wrapped in Voited Blanket-4.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Melissa Edge Hikes Around a Ladder Next to a Sinagua Ruin in Long Canyon.jpg
    Melissa Edge Hikes Around a Ladder Next to a Sinagua Ruin in Long Canyon.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
  • Melissa Edge Enjoying Spectacular View from Inside Keyhole Cave in Sedona.jpg
    Melissa Edge Enjoying Spectacular View from Inside Keyhole Cave in Sedona.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • Melissa Edge Greets Morning Light Wearing a Voited Blanket at an Overlanding Campsite near Sed...jpg
    Melissa Edge Greets Morning Light Wearing a Voited Blanket at an Overlanding Campsite near Sed...jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Melissa Edge Enjoys View of Boynton Canyon from Subway Cave-2.jpg
    Melissa Edge Enjoys View of Boynton Canyon from Subway Cave-2.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 136
  • Melissa Edge Riding Alternate Line on Subway Rock in Sedona.jpg
    Melissa Edge Riding Alternate Line on Subway Rock in Sedona.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Sunburst Over Secret Slickrock at Sunrise in Sedona.jpg
    Sunburst Over Secret Slickrock at Sunrise in Sedona.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 129

Tex68w

Beach Bum
It's extremely disturbing that someone would take it upon themselves to physically alter/move/remove another persons possessions from a site, especially when that party was already present. People are insane!

The pics are amazing as always, looking forward to the next post/update/drop.

BretEdge

Adventurer
It's extremely disturbing that someone would take it upon themselves to physically alter/move/remove another persons possessions from a site, especially when that party was already present. People are insane!

The pics are amazing as always, looking forward to the next post/update/drop.

100% agree. The level of entitlement is just...I have no words.

phsycle

Adventurer
Well, you handled it right. Lots of crazies out there and escalating the situation, especially out in the sticks, could end up ugly.

Great pictures. I’d love to head down that way sometime.

BretEdge

Adventurer
Well, you handled it right. Lots of crazies out there and escalating the situation, especially out in the sticks, could end up ugly.

Great pictures. I’d love to head down that way sometime.

Sedona's pretty amazing, even when it's packed full of tourists. I'd like to visit in the spring sometime when wildflowers are blooming and the trees are green.

ITTOG

Man, that was very gracious of you. I will have to remember that the next time I feel someone deserves a chewing.

BretEdge

Adventurer
Man, that was very gracious of you. I will have to remember that the next time I feel someone deserves a chewing.

I appreciate it. I was pretty pissed but I also didn't want to ruin the young couples one and only wedding day.

adventurebound

Nice rig! Can you share some more details on the Propex heater instal, pictures and such. I have been looking at doing this upgrade for awhile now (apparently I repeat the word "sail switch" in my sleep at night....those that know, know ;) ). I'm curious on the routing of the inlet and exhaust. And did it mount in the factory furnace location?

BretEdge

Adventurer
Nice rig! Can you share some more details on the Propex heater instal, pictures and such. I have been looking at doing this upgrade for awhile now (apparently I repeat the word "sail switch" in my sleep at night....those that know, know ;) ). I'm curious on the routing of the inlet and exhaust. And did it mount in the factory furnace location?

I had the crew at Boulder Vehicle Outfitters do the Propex heater install. I'd have to take off the front or rear panel to take photos and unless I need to remove those panels, I'm not keen on doing so. Matt at BVO told me they had to fab up a couple mounts, though. The unit did mount in the same location as the factory heater and takes up about 1/4 the space. There is one inlet on the inside of the camper and another on the outside that BVO routed into the adjacent space where the fridge vents. The exhaust uses the factory outlet. They did have to build a custom interior panel out of wood that was painted black to match our interior. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

pjpvi

Observer
So happy to stumble onto this thread. I'm placing an order for a F250 Tremor 7.3 gas today in silver with plans for a flatbed / camper. Now I know what it will look like!

Your photography skills are fantastic too!!

Enjoy ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles