2021 F150 vs F250

jadmt

ignore button user
So my neighbor and I did our weekly power hike and took his truck. the truck rides awesome not a lot different than my Power wagon, he as his psi lowered and needs to find a device to lower his tpms threshold so the light does not keep coming on. No need for 80 psi running empty with e rated tires. he said at 80mph he was around 2000rpm maybe just under he could not remember and said he punched it up to 90mph and still was comfortable rpm wise. we never went above about 55mph and sure felt relaxed at that speed. I do not understand the people who say ram has a nicer interior the Ford lariat interior is nice and his cab feels more spacious than mine. extremely quiet.

7EDB5080-0A23-41BB-8353-2640CC4E9058.jpeg3B5EBBF2-B987-4D03-95B7-10EA4EC4DBE1.png

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
So my neighbor and I did our weekly power hike and took his truck. the truck rides awesome not a lot different than my Power wagon, he as his psi lowered and needs to find a device to lower his tpms threshold so the light does not keep coming on. No need for 80 psi running empty with e rated tires. he said at 80mph he was around 2000rpm maybe just under he could not remember and said he punched it up to 90mph and still was comfortable rpm wise. we never went above about 55mph and sure felt relaxed at that speed. I do not understand the people who say ram has a nicer interior the Ford lariat interior is nice and his cab feels more spacious than mine. extremely quiet.
Oh yeah, 2,000 is pretty good! I think I'm around 1,700 rpm at 65 mph w/ a 5.0, 6 spd and 3:73's.

To lower tpms threshold maybe that is something Forscan could do?

Not sure if you are familiar with Forscan already:

Chorky

Observer

View attachment 693199View attachment 693200
That's great thank you for the feedback :) I'm likin what I've been seeing with these so far.

jadmt

ignore button user
ok I googled Forscan and holy crap I can not make out heads or tails what it is talking about or how to use it. I am techno challenged and so is my neighbor. I have always used something simple like AEV procals etc. Even alphaobd for Rams is user friendly and easily understood...

Chorky

Observer
ok I googled Forscan and holy crap I can not make out heads or tails what it is talking about or how to use it. I am techno challenged and so is my neighbor. I have always used something simple like AEV procals etc. Even alphaobd for Rams is user friendly and easily understood...

If your neighbor is happy with the truck...leave it alone. These modern trucks are pretty darn good from the factory in every way as is.

Tex68w

Beach Bum

Forscan is really no different than AlfaOBD, both have their little oddities and learning curves but they are well worth having around.

jadmt

ignore button user
If your neighbor is happy with the truck...leave it alone. These modern trucks are pretty darn good from the factory in every way as is.
I would disagree as having the tire pressure light coming on all the time would drive me nuts. One of the very first thing I did on mine was calibrate for the speedo correction and lowered the tire pressure threshold. I there is no reason to be running 65psi or in his case 80psi in the back tires of a truck that the tires are supporting less than 1600lbs apiece. with my Toyo 35's I could run 25psi in back and 35psi in front and still have plenty of leeway weight capacity wise.
0C554428-A421-42FF-936E-3AF6C93562D3.jpeg

Chorky

Observer
here is no reason to be running 65psi or in his case 80psi in the back tires of a truck that the tires are supporting less than 1600lbs apiece. with my Toyo 35's I could run 25psi in back and 35psi in
Yeah I can see how for tirepressure that would be good. when people talk about programmers my mind always automatically goes to 'more power'

Explorerinil

Observer

View attachment 693199View attachment 693200
Good review of the ford, after owning both the ram cab is quieter and the ford has allot more room, sit in the back seat of both you’ll notice it. The 10 speed and 4:30 gears is the best option for putting the power to the ground with the 7.3, it’s just a blast to drive and never hunts for gears.

jadmt

ignore button user
so today I went with my buddy to Great falls to pick up an ARE topper so about 400 mile round trip. hand figured mpg was 14.6 which is what the truck's computer said. engine, tranny and 4.30 gears are a wonderful combination. If my PW were an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this combo a 10+. very nice 75mph just under 2K very relaxed but no hunting for gears always felt in a perfect power band. sound in the cab was great exhaust wise. It was very windy coming back and a little more wind noise than my truck but not terrible. Some of the truck's warning bells and chimes that seem to last way to long when starting were somewhat annoying and I am guessing there is a way to shut them off or at least shorten them. It of course was a bit rougher riding than mine but has 2X the payload. his tires were at 45/40psi probably could drop a little more. All and all very nice. he got lucky and found an ARE topper for $1200 and going to cost him $700 to color match it locally so with the $80 of gas he has a really nice topper for under $2000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles