2021 F150 vs F250

adam88

Explorer
COVID built stuff will be on the avoid list for used shoppers. RVs, cars, boats, houses etc. All of them suffer both lack of skill assembly parts quality issues, parts substitution issues you name it.

My 2019 bought in late 2018 Expedition has been flawless. The 2017 Fusion Energi also flawless.

If you don’t “need” a vehicle right now skip the over priced and poorly built stuff and wait another yr or so. Your wallet will thank you?

Yep! Especially with RV's. Man, they are pounding those things back big time. You cannot increase production of something 30 or 40% and not have issues. My cousin works at an RV dealership and he says he has never seen anything close to how bad some of them have come in. He told me the manufactuers are KNOWINGLY shipping rv's deficient because they know that RV dealers won't return them because inventory is so short. So dealers often end up trying to fix the stuff themselves because their profit margins are so huge due to covid. He told me that before covid, he was selling RV's usually for 35% off MSRP on a $300,000 RV. Now he tells me they will sell those easily for 20% off MSRP. That means the dealer makes an extra $45,000 per RV on a 300k rv! He said they even got a few people to pay full MSRP who didn't know any better. Yeah not the most ethical dealer...

Ninelitetrip

has he picked it up yet??? I would really like to hear his opinions on it. Planning to take a 150, 250, and 350 for a drive in the next month or so.

according to online build options a 150 and 250 are compariable prices with the 250 obviously having a higher weight capacity.

Options on 250 engine options? I know everyone is drooling over the 7.3 but curious of its supposed reliability.

The 7.3 is offered all the way up to the F 750 including a CNG/Propane option. Is now offered on RV chassis and in school bus chassis. It will do fine. Can always go with the 6.2 BOSS. There is a million of them and if they stop making it today you will have parts for 20 years.

jadmt

ignore button user
has he picked it up yet??? I would really like to hear his opinions on it. Planning to take a 150, 250, and 350 for a drive in the next month or so.

according to online build options a 150 and 250 are compariable prices with the 250 obviously having a higher weight capacity.

Options on 250 engine options? I know everyone is drooling over the 7.3 but curious of its supposed reliability.
it is somewhere between the factory and Billings. He parked his 2009 Ram 1500 on the street with a for sale sign and first person that looked at it bought it for almost $20,000. The dealership said they would buy it outright for 14000. He never even inquired about selling it to the dealer until after he found out his truck was shipped and he thought he would ask. Good time to sell used too.

john61ct

Adventurer
The 7.3 is offered all the way up to the F 750 including a CNG/Propane option. Is now offered on RV chassis and in school bus chassis. It will do fine. Can always go with the 6.2 BOSS. There is a million of them and if they stop making it today you will have parts for 20 years.

I like that last. But need to pull a 38' 15K lbs boat trailer, sometimes over the Rockies.

Shorter the better, no RV/camper involved.

Do not want diesel. Kinda like the idea of Propane.

What do y'all recommend?

billiebob

yep, the F150 maxxed out is an impressive truck but it is still a light duty pickup and maxxed out it is maxxed out. It will do fine maxxed out on the freeway, it'll do fine if you are careful off the pavement but everything about the F150 is lighter duty than the F250. Maxxed out an F250 will handle rough terrain with better reliability. Everything is tougher and heavier on the F250.

Interesting you include the W2500 Ram...... Ram 2500 is comparable to the F250 where the Ram 2500 based Powerwagon is more comparable to an F150 payload capacity.... but built with W2500 components. Payload and GVWR are only a tiny part of the story.

Ninelitetrip

I like that last. But need to pull a 38' 15K lbs boat trailer, sometimes over the Rockies.

What do y'all recommend?

Here is TFL Truck doing their Ike gauntlet with an F250 7.3 Godzilla towing a 16,000 lb. horse trailer.

Porkchopexpress

What do y'all recommend?
I have the 7.3 with 3.73 gears and I’m hauling a 3K slide in camper and getting 12 mpg mixed city and mountain highways so I’m happy with the set up. I can feel the weight going up steep grades. I would definitely opt for the 4.30 rear diff for a 15k trailer over the Rockies, (which is where I am now coincidentally).

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I had a propane powered Grand Marquis about 25 years ago. Back then it was cheap enough to deal with the pain of finding a filling station.

Now, I don't think there is that much savings. Not here anyway. I would personally not want to use propane on a vehicle I am intending on travelling with.

Odds of finding a filling station are greatly reduced compared to gas / diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94