2021 F150 Tremor - updated build and price now available.

ace944gs

We'll see if it actually works out, but there have been a number of tremors 'in transit' to bigger dealerships in the last few days, and I was able to reserve one. Arrival is end of month.

I did talk to the salesperson at a local (smaller) dealership who said what we're talking about here- Ford is taking orders, but not giving build dates. Been like that for a month. So maybe they had a few tremors already built before the prod lines shut down and they're just shipping to the bigger dealers?

fingers crossed, but I'll believe it when I get the keys!

Littlehouse

Adventurer
We'll see if it actually works out, but there have been a number of tremors 'in transit' to bigger dealerships in the last few days, and I was able to reserve one. Arrival is end of month.

I did talk to the salesperson at a local (smaller) dealership who said what we're talking about here- Ford is taking orders, but not giving build dates. Been like that for a month. So maybe they had a few tremors already built before the prod lines shut down and they're just shipping to the bigger dealers?

fingers crossed, but I'll believe it when I get the keys!
Started to see them in Youtube reviews on dealer lots this week. Congrats!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'm confused. Part of the appeal of the F150 Tremor for me is that I thought it had the Raptors transfer case so all trims would get 4A.

Looking at the pics, it looks like the 400A truck doesn't have 4A. I can't find any 401A trucks out there yet which is what I'd want.

So are Tremors like regular F150's where you have to get the Lariat / 402A Tremor package to get 4A?

Screenshot 2021-09-24 140128.png

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
I'm confused. Part of the appeal of the F150 Tremor for me is that I thought it had the Raptors transfer case so all trims would get 4A.

Looking at the pics, it looks like the 400A truck doesn't have 4A. I can't find any 401A trucks out there yet which is what I'd want.

So are Tremors like regular F150's where you have to get the Lariat / 402A Tremor package to get 4A?

View attachment 683728

Bro. you don’t need 4A. Just another failure point.

ace944gs

View attachment 683728

I think that's right. It's so unnecessarily confusing how Ford has positioned and marketed these- they basically crossed trim levels am with packages... making it super confusing if you're used to thinking about them separately.

anyway, I did end up picking mine up this weekend...I like it a lot. Took it on some moderate forest roads to try the different drive modes and had fun.

overall first impressions- Is it worth 68k MSRP? No, but nothing is worth what it's being sold for these days, and if you're going toput those things on after market AND pay MSRP or whatever people are able to sell used... the 69k plus warranty is good. I love the way it looks, feel good about the build quality and configuration, and am really happy that despite having to drive 12hrs round trip to nab this one, I gotexactly what I wanted.

lmk if anyone has questions!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Bro. you don’t need 4A. Just another failure point.
I've had 4A (Autotrac) on a number of GM trucks and SUV's and never had an issue with it. I also live in Alberta. Where it's winter 9.8 months of the year.

My commute each way is 55 kms (34 miles) of freeway / highway.

So with crappy roads it's handy not to have to switch in and out of 4WD every 30 seconds due to changing road conditions.

And if GM / Ram can offer it on lower trims, shouldn't Ford to be competitive? Ram even started offering it on the Rebel.

ace944gs

Not great shots yet, but it's pretty sweet. It honestly looks better in person - the lead foot gray doesn't show as nicely on camera, IMO.

I'm going to de-badge it soon - I like the orange accents, but the decals are gaudy as hell.

Attachments

• IMG_4643.jpg
    IMG_4643.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4645.jpg
    IMG_4645.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4634.jpg
    IMG_4634.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4636.jpg
    IMG_4636.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Not great shots yet, but it's pretty sweet. It honestly looks better in person - the lead foot gray doesn't show as nicely on camera, IMO.

I'm going to de-badge it soon - I like the orange accents, but the decals are gaudy as hell.
Congrats! Nice looking truck. Any plans for it?

ace944gs

Congrats! Nice looking truck. Any plans for it?

Thanks!

Nothing major planned yet.... part of buying new was to keep it stock and warrantied for the first few years, figure out what works as-is / needs upgrading. I think this is good enough off the lot for our family camping approach :)

I am looking to add a topper (assuming the lead times don't make that an impossibility...), PPF, and maybe some additional lighting as simple bolt ons. Tint is a possibility, but will wait a bit on that...winter is coming hah.

The thing I would consider most is a winch, but haven't seen a great way to do this on the eco boost without impacting the IC...if anyone has an idea I'd love to see it...

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Thanks!

Nothing major planned yet.... part of buying new was to keep it stock and warrantied for the first few years, figure out what works as-is / needs upgrading. I think this is good enough off the lot for our family camping approach :)

I am looking to add a topper (assuming the lead times don't make that an impossibility...), PPF, and maybe some additional lighting as simple bolt ons. Tint is a possibility, but will wait a bit on that...winter is coming hah.

The thing I would consider most is a winch, but haven't seen a great way to do this on the eco boost without impacting the IC...if anyone has an idea I'd love to see it...
Yes, a winch is really the only thing left to add to that package to make it complete.

What about a front receiver with a detachable winch? That way you could use it at the front or back and only when it's needed.

CURT_Winch_Mount_Trailer_Hitch_Receiver.jpg

I don't think at any speed a which is required, the IC being blocked temporarily would be an issue? Correct me if I am wrong here.

I wonder if Ford is working on a solution with Warn as they offer a Warn winch on the Super duty Tremor.

ace944gs

Huh thats interesting... though I'd love a bumper that allows for the IC to breathe plus room for a light bar + winch. Feels like the aftermarket players don't see enough market from Ford owners so havnt engineered anything...but maybe that'll change with all the dev Ford has put out in the 150 (hybrid, tremor, lightning, updated raptor ... all of those could use a winch bumper bar...)

I'm also ok with a come-along solution for now.. I don't see myself getting into winch-potential trails with the kids anytime soon...

Yes, a winch is really the only thing left to add to that package to make it complete.

What about a front receiver with a detachable winch? That way you could use it at the front or back and only when it's needed.

View attachment 684419

I don't think at any speed a which is required, the IC being blocked temporarily would be an issue? Correct me if I am wrong here.

I wonder if Ford is working on a solution with Warn as they offer a Warn winch on the Super duty Tremor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles