2021 F150 Tremor - updated build and price now available.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Am I reading this right???

View attachment 629903
If you are referring to the locking front and rear diffs, I have read that on a couple sites now. Looks like a good package.

Couple other links:

I'm interested to see what the differences are in the 3 levels and what comes with the low and mid trims.

If low or mid are like XLT 301A or 302A that would be ideal for me.

Don't need leather, panaramic moonroof, 12" screen etc.

From Autoblog:

'While all models will receive the same core suspension upgrades, locking rear differential and optional Torsen limited-slip differential (late availability), some upgrades — such as a Raptor-inspired torque-on-demand transfer case — are restricted to the upper trim levels.'

If I understand that correctly, that means you still need to get the 'Lariat' version to get 4A? Blech.

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
@Todd n Natalie - XL/XLT would be ideal for me as well. I dislike leather and don’t need 4A. Pano roof would be nice for the kids though. But I don’t need or want it, personally.

If the reports are right, $4k for this package is a bargain.

Also, I’m having a hard time believing this will come with a front locker. I’m assuming it’s the incompetence of the journalist at work there. But hope I’m wrong.

Another nit pick. I wish 5.0 were an option, only because that would make a front winch available. I’d take that over a front locker.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
@Todd n Natalie - XL/XLT would be ideal for me as well. I dislike leather and don’t need 4A. Pano roof would be nice for the kids though. But I don’t need or want it, personally.

If the reports are right, $4k for this package is a bargain.

Also, I’m having a hard time believing this will come with a front locker. I’m assuming it’s the incompetence of the journalist at work there. But hope I’m wrong.

Another nit pick. I wish 5.0 were an option, only because that would make a front winch available. I’d take that over a front locker.
Yeah, I don't need leather either. It's easier to clean vs cloth. But, not worth the expense to me.

Half the year our roads are snow / ice covered. So 4 Auto would be nice though.

It floors me Ford doesn't offer that standard on a 50K truck. Ram offers it on the Bighorn and GM on mid level trucks.

Yep, I'll be curious about the front / rear lockers too. Guess we'll see?

Saw this on Ford Canada's site:

'Try to avoid water higher than the bottom of the hubs and proceed slowly. Refer to your owner's manual for detailed information regarding driving through water.'

Doesn't seem like a very deep fording depth?

phsycle

Adventurer
Yeah, I don't need leather either. It's easier to clean vs cloth. But, not worth the expense to me.

Half the year our roads are snow / ice covered. So 4 Auto would be nice though.

It floors me Ford doesn't offer that standard on a 50K truck. Ram offers it on the Bighorn and GM on mid level trucks.

Yep, I'll be curious about the front / rear lockers too. Guess we'll see?

Saw this on Ford Canada's site:

'Try to avoid water higher than the bottom of the hubs and proceed slowly. Refer to your owner's manual for detailed information regarding driving through water.'

Doesn't seem like a very deep fording depth?

I grew up on traditional 4wd xfer cases so it doesn’t bother me. Plus, I don’t want to worry about another part to break. That clutch pack system seem ok but I don’t know.... Don’t need or want it.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I grew up on traditional 4wd xfer cases so it doesn’t bother me. Plus, I don’t want to worry about another part to break. That clutch pack system seem ok but I don’t know.... Don’t need or want it.
I don't know? I've had several GM trucks and SUV's with Auto Trac and never had an issue. It was great. Just left it in 4 Auto all winter. Didn't have to turn it on and off while driving on partially icy roads, didn't have to turn it to 2WD when parking in a parking stall to avoid binding etc....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles