2021 F150 Raptor... optional 37's and optional V8 coming...

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I figured as much. That seems to be a safe practice.

That question reminds me of when I was on a compressed gasses segment of my dive training and half of them were in PSI/F and the other half was Bar/C. I'm telling you it was maddening to get 3 in a row of one then 2 in the row of other.

@plainjaneFJC, its called a joke, brochaco.
I know...lol, just had to get a dig in. Enjoyed your video.

justbecause

perpetually lost
What a time we live in where factories are offering Rubicon Wranglers, Mojave Gladiators, Bison ZR2's, TRD-Pro Tacomas, Tremor Ranger, F150's & Super Duties , Ram TRX's, Broncos, etc, etc....

We are living in a time where public lands is going to be hugely pressured and there are going to be a massive influx of people who do not know how to ride or maintain trails are going to be able to get much much deeper into the back country than ever before. Just 10 years to build something similar to a gladiator or a trd pro etc. would have been a huge financial investment, and time. You would have needed to leave your vehicle at an upfitter for weeks, and you werent going to be paying for it with 0 down or 0% financing. This community has grown, obviously some of yall have incredibly deep pockets. demand for vehicles like this has been loud and consistent the market is responding. I wonder how quickly public land policy and funding will be able to react.

doug720

Expedition Leader
We are living in a time where public lands is going to be hugely pressured and there are going to be a massive influx of people who do not know how to ride or maintain trails are going to be able to get much much deeper into the back country than ever before. Just 10 years to build something similar to a gladiator or a trd pro etc. would have been a huge financial investment, and time. You would have needed to leave your vehicle at an upfitter for weeks, and you werent going to be paying for it with 0 down or 0% financing. This community has grown, obviously some of yall have incredibly deep pockets. demand for vehicles like this has been loud and consistent the market is responding. I wonder how quickly public land policy and funding will be able to react.

When more and more boneheads do more and more stupid acts, Public Policy is to close more and more public lands!

I equate the situation to when Jet Ski's went from single rider stand ups that took skill and practice to ride - There were fewer and more experienced operators. Then sit downs came along...Anyone can hop on and go 50MPH+ with a passenger, which resulted in problems, restrictions and closures! Same is happening with SXS's and Rapter like vehicles. There are a lot of people with "More Dollars than Sense!

Now...Get off my lawn!!!

D

Deleted member 9101

The fact is I would probably never buy any side-by-side, or any Raptor or Rubicon or TRD Pro or anything like that, in 2021 or beyond. There is nowhere for me to use it.

I'm in the same boat...which is why I bought a 2wd truck. I have a solid days drive before I even start to hit places where I could use one.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
When more and more boneheads do more and more stupid acts, Public Policy is to close more and more public lands!

I equate the situation to when Jet Ski's went from single rider stand ups that took skill and practice to ride - There were fewer and more experienced operators. Then sit downs came along...Anyone can hop on and go 50MPH+ with a passenger, which resulted in problems, restrictions and closures! Same is happening with SXS's and Rapter like vehicles. There are a lot of people with "More Dollars than Sense!

Now...Get off my lawn!!!

Ehhhh, most of the problems recently have been in those super overpowered stand up jetbskis that Kawasaki has been pumping out the last few years. And before that it was the fact that HP was creeping up towards 200 with no neutral or reverse.

phsycle

Adventurer
Guess that makes me fortunate to live out west. Southwest. Plenty of BLM land to go rough it within a 1 hr drive. Or winter camp 1/2 hr from my house.

A Raptor would be overkill for me but hey, it’d still be a fun vehicle. Like I said before, a Tremor seems like it makes the most sense for people like me. I really don’t like to modify vehicles. Tremor comes with pretty much everything I’d want. Skid plates, slight lift, and 33’s.

phsycle

Adventurer
You're like sitting in the back half of the Titanic, not worried 'cause the iceberg only hit the front half. :LOL:

View attachment 641929 Closed

View attachment 641930 Closed

View attachment 641931 Closed

View attachment 641932 Closed

View attachment 641933 Closed

View attachment 641934 Closed

I could go on for quite a while with this.

So this is all just a big old sinking ship? ? Dramaaaaaaa

Too bad you can’t get out. Sorry to hear. Head on out to the White Rim, which has stayed open the whole season last year. Moab is open. SW CO is open. High deserts of Utah BLM is wide open. Actually, don’t come out. Too many people out here already.
Sell your truck, buy a Subaru and enjoy! ?

phsycle

Adventurer
Don't forget me when you roll up on a closed gate. ?

Trail closures and new trails are ebbs and flow of the outdoor recreation world. I see the same in mountain bike trails. We’ve advocated for local trails here and fortunately have seen hundreds of miles of new trails open in the last 3 years. Noticed some of the old trails have closed due to private lands changing hands as well. Stuff happens. Nothing stays the same forever.

But what I won’t do is sit back and pout that I can’t get out because of a few road closed signs. There is plenty out there to be enjoyed.

And with that, have a good weekend, sweetheart.

phsycle

Adventurer
Where the hell do you guys live that it's 3-5 hours to offroad?

I guess we're lucky... I can be in the bush in 5 mins. One of the few benefits of Canada i guess lol

I’d imagine you’d have far better access up that way. But even here in Utah, there is plenty of places to go. All that yellow, green, purple, blue. It’s like, where can’t you go?

1613169382468.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles