2023 Ford Raptor- Continuation

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
So with this INSANE used car market, I ended up selling the platty and the stang, and am just driving my company truck. Ordered a Full size Bronco Wildtrak, waiting for that to show up.
I thought you left the site. Haven't seen any updates lately. Crazy going from a fullsize truck to a Bronco. That's quote the change. When should it arrive?

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
I thought you left the site. Haven't seen any updates lately. Crazy going from a fullsize truck to a Bronco. That's quote the change. When should it arrive?

Nah I'm here lol. No idea when it'll arrive, everything is so far behind right now. It's just a toy to replace the Mustang, i'll likely pick up another f150 when stock goes back to normal.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
So with this INSANE used car market, I ended up selling the platty and the stang, and am just driving my company truck. Ordered a Full size Bronco Wildtrak, waiting for that to show up.

Just a note, that post quoted is from July 6, 2021.

I still don't have that Bronco I ordered. Still driving a boring ************** company truck that I can't modify beyond a levelling kit and tires.

So bored. I ordered a Raptor about 6 months ago that likely won't get built as a 2022 at this point, debating if i'm going to pick something up out of the very limited existing stock, or wait for either the Wildtrak, or Raptor.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Just a note, that post quoted is from July 6, 2021.

I still don't have that Bronco I ordered. Still driving a boring ************** company truck that I can't modify beyond a levelling kit and tires.

So bored. I ordered a Raptor about 6 months ago that likely won't get built as a 2022 at this point, debating if i'm going to pick something up out of the very limited existing stock, or wait for either the Wildtrak, or Raptor.
Wow that's nuts! Hopefully your Bronco shows up soon. Has it been scheduled yet?

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Wow that's nuts! Hopefully your Bronco shows up soon. Has it been scheduled yet?

Scheduled yesterday to be built March 13. Probably won't be here until Late summer, Fall.

3 full years for an order... I don't even want the damn thing anymore at this point. Lol.

Added this to the fleet a back in the fall. 2022 F150 Limited. CCD suspension- if anyone knows anything about CCD other than what google has (Which is VERY little) please let me know, It's a Continuously Controlled Dampening which as far as I can tell is magnetic ride like my last Mustang had.

Anyway, the CCD with a basic 2" level kit is the best riding truck i've ever owned, and i've done everything from Bilstein 6112/5160 combo's, to Fox coilvers etc on previous trucks, but the mag ride handles everything from small chatter to big hits off road, to speed bumps and rough roads far better than anything else i've done.

Being able to control them with drive modes ins interesting as well, put it in sport or tow haul and the dampers stiffen dramatically. Same with the off road modes, the CCD shocks changes noticeably based on the mode.

Of course it's not nearly as capable as a say a 2.5" Fox or King coilver, or a Raptor etc.

Tires are a 295/60/20 (34x11.50x20) and don't rub at all after extremely minor trimming of the corner of the air dam, and a sliver off the corner of the fender liner that sticks out. Wheels are an 18x9 Sorry i'm an idiot, they're 20's not 18's... Offset was correct. +18 offset and the combo sticks out a bit less than 3/8" past fenders. Perfect fitment and function imo.

pic:

IMG_1181 3.jpeg

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Scheduled yesterday to be built March 13. Probably won't be here until Late summer, Fall.

3 full years for an order... I don't even want the damn thing anymore at this point. Lol.

Added this to the fleet a back in the fall. 2022 F150 Limited. CCD suspension- if anyone knows anything about CCD other than what google has (Which is VERY little) please let me know, It's a Continuously Controlled Dampening which as far as I can tell is magnetic ride like my last Mustang had.

Anyway, the CCD with a basic 2" level kit is the best riding truck i've ever owned, and i've done everything from Bilstein 6112/5160 combo's, to Fox coilvers etc on previous trucks, but the mag ride handles everything from small chatter to big hits off road, to speed bumps and rough roads far better than anything else i've done.

Being able to control them with drive modes ins interesting as well, put it in sport or tow haul and the dampers stiffen dramatically. Same with the off road modes, the CCD shocks changes noticeably based on the mode.

Of course it's not nearly as capable as a say a 2.5" Fox or King coilver, or a Raptor etc.

Tires are a 295/60/20 (34x11.50x20) and don't rub at all after extremely minor trimming of the corner of the air dam, and a sliver off the corner of the fender liner that sticks out. Wheels are an 18x9 +18 offset and the combo sticks out a bit less than 3/8" past fenders. Perfect fitment and function imo.

pic:

View attachment 764277
Nice looking truck. If you have CCD do you have the OnBoard Scales?

I have the scales but because I have FX4, it does not have CCD.

Must be the offest that required you to trim. I'm running 35x11.5R20 on the factory 20" sport wheels w/ a 2" level and no rub.

Wheels look like Fuel Rebels? Good pick. That is what I'd be going with if i were to run aftermarket wheels.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Nice looking truck. If you have CCD do you have the OnBoard Scales?

I have the scales but because I have FX4, it does not have CCD.

Must be the offest that required you to trim. I'm running 35x11.5R20 on the factory 20" sport wheels w/ a 2" level and no rub.

Wheels look like Fuel Rebels? Good pick. That is what I'd be going with if i were to run aftermarket wheels.

Yup fuel rebels w/ a +18 offset, you are correct with a stock ~40ish there wouldn't be any rubbing whatsoever.

It does have the scales which are cool, however the stopped functioning after the level kit. I'm told they may work again after a recalibration.

That reminds me... Need to order skid plates. Lol.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yup fuel rebels w/ a +18 offset, you are correct with a stock ~40ish there wouldn't be any rubbing whatsoever.

It does have the scales which are cool, however the stopped functioning after the level kit. I'm told they may work again after a recalibration.

That reminds me... Need to order skid plates. Lol.
Yes, I've heard the same about the scales on 14th Gen. Just haven't done it yet.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
I can confirm it is magnetic ride (CCD), as I had a suspension fault (which went away with a key cycle and hasn't come back since- first and only fault so far (2/20/23) and while the fault was active the suspension clearly went to a sort of full stiff safe mode, as the truck rode like an absolute dump truck (unbelievably stiff, like empty bed, 80PSI tires F350 stiff) until a key cycle went back to normal.

EDIT: Unrelated, time to have it aligned... Trying to climb a steep rocky hill with a deep V notch in it, with a foot or so of mud underneath, a foot or so of wet heavy snow overtop, and a literal 2" layer in the center of pure ice. Traction was okay in the snow, until you spun away to the ice, then you slid which ever way the camber was until you broke through the ice into nasty half frozen Canadian mud, took us about an hour and a half to go a mile in, turn around, and a mile back out.

Anyway, slid sideways down the ice filled v notch and into the bank with the wheels and tires, no visible damage whatsoever, truck still drives absolutely dead on down the highway, but I want to make sure I didn't knock anything off.

(the Bronco behind me with lockers and 2" bigger tires had to work a bit to make it, but now we know where the V notch is under the snow and can avoid it)

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1384.JPG

F150 too big to go around like the Bronco in front, you can see my tracks from having to smash through in the center on the way in below. Lol.

IMG_1388.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz