2023 Ford Raptor- Continuation

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Going to have to go down a size in tires... These rub badly when backing up with the wheels turned, and rub going over speed bumps forward with the wheels turned. Arghhhhhh

Ordered a set of 275/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Really wanted to keep the 295/70/18s. Oh well.

i forget where i saw it, but someone has a video of tire size fitment on a '21 and of course, it all depends on backspacing. if you kept the factory backspace i think you'd fit the 295s no problem.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
i forget where i saw it, but someone has a video of tire size fitment on a '21 and of course, it all depends on backspacing. if you kept the factory backspace i think you'd fit the 295s no problem.

Factory backspacing is like +40 which is impossible with aftermarket wheels, they come in either -12, 0, or +18/20. It would be pretty easy to make it work on pavement, but next to impossible offroad. It would still rub.

D45

Explorer
I just installed 295/65R18 tires on my Silverado. No rubbing at all

I too wanted to run 295/70R18s but I was worried they were too tall

I did not want to rub and did not want to trim to make them fit

My truck has 18x8.5 wheels that are +24 with 5.70" backspacing

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
295/65/18 are 32.9" tall, they should fit on just about anything. The 295/70/18's are 34.3. A "35" tire is usually actually 34.5, so a 295/70/18 is basically a 35" tire. The 0 offset wheels is what is killing me.

D45

Explorer
These Duratrac tires in 295/65/18 are

33.10 x 11.80

I liked the 270/70/18 also but they are only 11.00" wide

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
I am the opposite. I like the factory Platinum wheels in 20". Got my truck with Black Rhinos on it used. Would prefer some shiny 18's or 20's.

Fair enough, I drove by my parents house to show them the new truck and my dad said the same thing. It's a "kid" thing he says. Lol.

AMTRV

The offset on the factory wheel is +44. I’m using factory Gen 2 Raptor wheels 17x8.5 +34 offset(beadlock type) on my 21 Powerboost as they fit perfectly. I’ve used 17” wheels on all of my off-road trucks for years.....I like the extra sidewall and there are lots of off-road tire options.
Be aware though....17s won’t fit if you have Max Tow, rear calipers are just a touch too large.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
The offset on the factory wheel is +44. I’m using factory Gen 2 Raptor wheels 17x8.5 +34 offset(beadlock type) on my 21 Powerboost as they fit perfectly. I’ve used 17” wheels on all of my off-road trucks for years.....I like the extra sidewall and there are lots of off-road tire options.
Be aware though....17s won’t fit if you have Max Tow, rear calipers are just a touch too large.

I do have max tow, that kinda sucks. I was keeping an eye out for raptor take off's. Oh well.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Hahahahahahaha

It was 10c (50f) yesterday, and supposed to be 12c (55f) today, so I spent the afternoon detailing the new truck,

Woke up to 3" of fresh snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles