2023 Ford Raptor- Continuation

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
VisionX has always made some great stuff. I am solidly on the BD bandwagon for the past 7-8 years as well but I wouldn't be opposed to jumping ship to something cheaper and better on the next build.
I have had VisionX 4.5 LEDs on my A-Pillar mounts for about 8 years now; the lights still work great and the swappable covers are a nice feature. They started just barely corroding after about 6 year, with almost no garage time and I cleaned it up last summer and they're still holding fine. I will gladly entertain the "all lights are the same pay for the cheapest" argument too, but there is a difference between chinesium HF lights and a solid brand like VisionX. VisionX may not be marque like BD or RIGID, but the gap between those two and VX is much much closer than VX and a harbor freight or walmart or online chinesium dealer.

I do like the Baja Designs LP6 or LP9; they look sick af.

Top pic is the stock F150 high beams- which actually are an excellent headlight.

View attachment 820645

Bottom pic is high beams + the two 8" lights currently on the truck. Thoughts? Would a pair of LP6's or equiv be much brighter?

View attachment 820646

Yes, plus you could add ambers.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Does anyone personally have experience with Morimoto Big Bangers? Quite the name... But apparently the best light on the market right now.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Does anyone personally have experience with Morimoto Big Bangers? Quite the name... But apparently the best light on the market right now.
Morimoto makes a good light; looks like its their entry into the LP6/LP9 style light. I would think any claims of them being the best is merely conjecture without some testing.

Don't get me wrong, I have Morimoto headlights and I like them, but I would never claim they're the best.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Anyone own one of these?

Man that style bumper doesn't look quite right. Its like they played with proportions of a bumper made for a F250.

Anyways Ironman makes good stuff, so if its something you're looking at I would expect it to be pretty good quality.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Man that style bumper doesn't look quite right. Its like they played with proportions of a bumper made for a F250.

Anyways Ironman makes good stuff, so if its something you're looking at I would expect it to be pretty good quality.

Primary reason is I live in deer country- I liked that bumper for the coverage it provided. I hit a deer a couple years ago with a brand new expedition and it rendered the truck undriveable. It was cold, well below freezing, at night, no cell service etc. LOL.

Trying to make sure the truck would have the best chance at being driveable in the future.

Very open for suggestions for bumpers

thumbnail_IMG_0288.jpg

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Primary reason is I live in deer country- I liked that bumper for the coverage it provided. I hit a deer a couple years ago with a brand new expedition and it rendered the truck undriveable. It was cold, well below freezing, at night, no cell service etc. LOL.

Trying to make sure the truck would have the best chance at being driveable in the future.

Very open for suggestions for bumpers

View attachment 826310
I get that. I always think about a bumper like that as my commute involves highway travel early in the morning.
Deer and moose strikes can happen along my route.

I like how that bumper avoids the 'Fat Lip' look. Too bad you lose the nice LED signature of the combined headlight / fog light.

Didn't see anywhere where it mentioned if it's compatible with both the 5.0L and 3.5L Eco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles