2021 Best Compact Air Conditioning Options?

Whaler

Adventurer
Erstwild, when it comes to the window unit options: you might want to consider a Midea's U Shaped unit. They're basically a packaged mini-split system, which would allow you to place the noisy compressor outside the wall of your camper, depending on how you designed its installation.

Other benefits: Midea says the DC inverter is 35% more efficient and I believe the compressor can run at variable speeds: which means it will only supply as much cooling as is needed, so it won't cycle on and off loudly at full power. Traditional window AC units make the most noise AND draw the most power when they crank on. This unit eases up and down its compressor operation instead.

You mentioned the F150 lightning and I completely agree! I placed a preorder deposit with Ford and plan to implement this unit into a truck cap. With regard to the future: since these units are just like a mini-split, any manufacturer could decide to implement a heat function pretty easily too with a four way valve. That's already how most motel units work. I'm really excited about the future of e-vehicles and these small format heat-pump units.

Kottonwood

Adventurer

I have one of these on my van and I'm quite happy with it. ....I also have 700 watts of solar, a 200 amp alternator, and a total of 7 100ah agms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz