2021 Titan XD Pro-4X w/ Ovrlnd Camper

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
IMG_20211120_132154723.jpgThese zero gravity seats are amazing. Perfect amount of firmness. Never experienced less driver fatigue even on 9 hour drives. Amazing!
IMG_20211120_132128420.jpg
IMG_20211120_132140074.jpgUnder rear seat storage is super handy. Keeps the necessities organized and always with me just in case.IMG_20211120_131635875.jpgOne of the challenges with a less popular rig is finding accessories. Fortunately most things are available but it might take bit of effort. Case in point it took 3 retailers sending the wrong mats before I finally found these actually in stock. Coupled with current supply issues it's a bit concerning for long term but I'm going for a quick build and then enjoy for years to come method this time.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
IMG_20211225_122235676.jpg

In 2020 the supplier for the tailgate electric locking actuator went under due to Covid. This created a weird situation (including mine which I discovered after buying used) where numerous trucks received a delete credit despite having everything else that was part of the option package. Fortunately this was a pretty easy add and now my tailgate locks with my fob. Will be convenient for the camper.

Last edited:

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
View attachment 698630

In 2020 the supplier for the tailgate electric locking actuator went under due to Covid. This created a weird situation (including mine which I discovered after buying used) where numerous trucks received a delete credit despite having everything else that was part of the option package. Fortunately this was a pretty easy add and now my tailgate locks with my fob. Will be convenient for the camper.
When I had my Frontier I went with a Leer Canopy with the one central latch, rather then two side latches. It allowed me to install an electric lock so the canopy would lock when I locked the doors. Very handy.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Suspension has been on since the weekend after I received it. Sure was a treat working on a basically new truck! Overall the install is quite easy but the UCA bolts were a slight pain to get back in.

Ride is fantastic. Improved over the factory Bilsteins I'm every way. Netted about 2.5" in the front and an inch or so in the rear. Once I'm done with my camper build out I'll determine if I need custom leafs or anything.

Ovrlnd camper is less than a month out.... it's getting there!

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
loving it, lets see some whole pics of the truck! The engine and trans are such a sweet combo for this platform and I bet the Icon kit made a world of difference in handling and fun factor.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
loving it, lets see some whole pics of the truck! The engine and trans are such a sweet combo for this platform and I bet the Icon kit made a world of difference in handling and fun factor.

It's at line x getting the factory bedliner removed and then resprayed under warranty. The factory liner started peeling and cracking. Looked like defective material as well as the liner was sprayed over glossy paint on the bed...

I'll snap some overall pics once it's back!

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Got the truck back from Line-X. Looks so much better than the OEM and they even did a little extra coverage all covered under the Nissan Bumper to Bumper Warranty. I can't believe there was zero prep on the bed prior to the OEM being sprayed but if that's the biggest defect I experience I'll be more than happy. I also did a little bit of prep for the camper by enlarging several of the OEM bed holes for the propex heater and power wires etc. Nice to get those all coated and looking unmolested.
273436572_717190076331119_366715027454018734_n.jpg
273028374_717190269664433_2385742814819148491_n.jpg

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
wow nice rig.
The Titan is so attractive man.

2 questions:

Are you happy with the new 9 speed?
What is the payload?

Keep some photos coming!

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
wow nice rig.
The Titan is so attractive man.

2 questions:

Are you happy with the new 9 speed?
What is the payload?

Keep some photos coming!

I love the 9 speed. I had a bit of a rev flaring/hang issue when I first bought it under certain rare operating conditions. Nissan installed updated software and no issues since. It's a great tranny and why I really wanted a 2020.

Published payload in the manual for my exact truck is 1,680lbs. On the door sticker is oddly like 1,400lbs. No idea why there's a discrepancy as I don't have options that add weight. Tongue weight is 920lbs. Towing is 9200lbs.

01tundra

Explorer
I love the 9 speed. I had a bit of a rev flaring/hang issue when I first bought it under certain rare operating conditions. Nissan installed updated software and no issues since. It's a great tranny and why I really wanted a 2020.

Published payload in the manual for my exact truck is 1,680lbs. On the door sticker is oddly like 1,400lbs. No idea why there's a discrepancy as I don't have options that add weight. Tongue weight is 920lbs. Towing is 9200lbs.

The 9-speed in my '21 XD has always been smooth.

What bugged me was the accelerator lag, with my Pedal Commander set on 'City/0" that has been completely eliminated.

I prefer the 9-speed in the XD to my 6-speed Allison in my last GMC HD. While towing our travel trailer the the downshifting is much less abrupt.

Grassland

Ford also sprays their bed liner over painted beds. It apparently comes off fairly easy.
I guess trucks that get it as factory option just get sent down a line at the end and get the liner sprayed on?

Edit:

Also let's see pics with the suspension upgrade!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles