2021 Titan XD Pro-4X w/ Ovrlnd Camper

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Update: Might as well keep with this thread. Replaced the 2020 Titan King Cab with a 2021 Titan XD.

After 3 silver SUVs in a row (Montero Sport 3.5xs, Lexus GX470, Lexus GX460), endless runs for landscaping/home stuff, and an elderly dog throwing up all over the 460 interior on a camping trip I decide it was time for a truck.

After driving all the midsized trucks I was left with the ZR2 diesel as the only potential option. However, the payload straight sucked and the interior was eh for the money. I also didn't think the highly praised spool shocks were all that awesome and rather harsh at low speeds.

I then turned to full-sized trucks after realizing they really aren't much bigger these days. I narrowed it down to a F150 super cab 3.5, tundra double cab, and a titan pro-4x. Ultimately pricing, warranty, perfect set of options, fender stereo, and overall build quality landed me with a rare truck.

It's a 2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X King Cab in Red Alert with 9k miles.

Given the aftermarket and really being well packaged from the factory (over 33" tires, rear locker, bilsteins, bed liner, etc) this will be a pretty mild build.

Plans include:

-Ovrlnd Topper Camper

-Bilstein shocks with a 1" front lift

-Fridge/cabinet in the bed

Attachments

• IMG_20210913_133034590.jpg
    IMG_20210913_133034590.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
1st trip is in the bag. Went out to Pearl Lake State Park in Colorado. All total about 400 miles round trip and managed an extremely impressive 18.1mpg while towing my Intech flyer chase (square drop). My GX pulled about 14mpg doing the same.

Attachments

• IMG_20210918_192134179.jpg
    IMG_20210918_192134179.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63

Redline61

Observer
Looks great man and a fantastic platform to start with. Payload and the key/shifter in the ZR2 killed it for me. I tried really hard to convince myself it was the one but man I couldn't get over that interior. Good luck with the build.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Looks great man and a fantastic platform to start with. Payload and the key/shifter in the ZR2 killed it for me. I tried really hard to convince myself it was the one but man I couldn't get over that interior. Good luck with the build.

Thanks. So far I love it; the interior was a big selling point for me and the comfort is excellent. The ZR2 is a sweet truck but the fit and finish especially on the interior was downright terrible.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Picked up a used topper for now until I get a more permanent solution. Needed something to tide me over since I sold my squaredrop.

Should be fun to build out the back for camping...
D7BEA7BB-8102-4A83-9125-B8BE357E22BA.jpeg89A1F85B-3EEF-4C58-8DA1-2B74C0016C35.jpeg

CFMGarage

Great looking truck. Would you have any pictures of the interior?

Maybe it's the picture angles, but that cap really seems to compliment the truck.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Great looking truck. Would you have any pictures of the interior?

Maybe it's the picture angles, but that cap really seems to compliment the truck.

Thanks! I will add some. The silver really breaks up what would otherwise be a whole lot of red.

On the ovrlnd camper I plan on doing silver on the sides with the top portion in black. Then add some red or black mountain graphics and it should pull it all together.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Well the past two months the truck has seen about 4k miles of interstate and offroading for hunting. Average fuel economy has been hand calculated at 18.4 over the course of these miles. Super impressed with this truck and the stereo, mileage, and comfort is better than my Lexus GX460 luxury which is crazy.

Used the rear locker several times out of necessity and it's such a game changer. This is my first locked vehicle and it will certainly be something I look for in any future vehicle.

Grassland

Apparently all of my photos are somehow too large to upload. Anyone know the max file size?
I think below 5MB. But I have the same issue that few of my phone pictures will load and not exceed file size
As I'm lazy and the stock camera app on my phone doesn't have a compression option, I just screen shot the picture and load it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles