2021 Titan XD Pro-4X w/ Ovrlnd Camper

fnjeep314

Observer
I see that there haven't been any updates in the last few months, but I am hoping that you are still checking the thread.

I did want to ask how you like the Nokian's. Are those the Outpost AT's? I've been looking at those tires myself but, have not been able to find anyone with a set to find out if they are good tires.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I see that there haven't been any updates in the last few months, but I am hoping that you are still checking the thread.

I did want to ask how you like the Nokian's. Are those the Outpost AT's? I've been looking at those tires myself but, have not been able to find anyone with a set to find out if they are good tires.

Yah, the photo size limit keeps me from posting here much. The Nokians are great. Quiet, durable, and have worked well in a variety of On/Offroad conditions. I really like how they don't hold gravel like other ATs. Would definitely replace them with the same and would be my recommendation especially at the price point. Do well in the snow too but I did switch recently for the winter to a dedicated snow tire for safety and control just given how light the truck is in the back with 400hp on tap.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Titan has seen a lot of use across the Rockies the past few months mostly on hunting trips and daily duty. It certainly continues to impress over the 19k miles I've put on it since purchasing last Sept. It remains comfortable, dead reliable, powerful, and capable in relatively nasty conditions. The icon suspension is holding up great and the ovrlnd camper set up is perfect for my use. Love this build.
IMG_20221221_183715_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_20221221_183745_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_20221202_131109263_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221222_215553_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_20221222_215821_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

Dmski

Adventurer
Great looking truck! I’m a huge fan of this platform and would switch to this in the future. Do you plan to do any bumpers/winch?

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Great looking truck! I’m a huge fan of this platform and would switch to this in the future. Do you plan to do any bumpers/winch?
Thanks! I still think they're the best fullsize on the market especially for the real world price. If this had a Toyota logo on it people would be all over it. No current plans for bumpers. They're awfully heavy and pricey. I don't make it a habit of just ramming rocks with this rig.

I wouldn't mind a hidden winch mount but no one makes one. Probably pick up a Wyeth Scott synthetic or a hi lift with synthetic rope after I get sliders. Otherwise, it's gone everywhere I want to go. I take stock 4wd vehicles all over public lands for work. Folks tend to way overbuild for where they actually drive.

Last edited:

Bergger

Explorer
I'll second the comments on the Titan. I was a Toyota guy from 1995 until 2020 when I bought a barely driven 2018 Titan Pro4x. Hands down the best truck I've ever had. People don't give them much respect and its too bad they are so overlooked. They don't know what they are missing. I've currently got an AT Summit Topper mounted on mine but otherwise have left it stock. It takes me every place I want to go here in Colorado.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I'll second the comments on the Titan. I was a Toyota guy from 1995 until 2020 when I bought a barely driven 2018 Titan Pro4x. Hands down the best truck I've ever had. People don't give them much respect and its too bad they are so overlooked. They don't know what they are missing. I've currently got an AT Summit Topper mounted on mine but otherwise have left it stock. It takes me every place I want to go here in Colorado.
Got a build thread? I am also in CO.

Bergger

Explorer
Got a build thread? I am also in CO.
No build thread. Maybe I should start one. I've kept it very simple as I like to use my truck as a truck most of the time so the bed is kept empty with no permanent buildout. I'm using a couple of Dewalt tough system drawer boxes and some OAT bags for storage inside the camper, along with a simple drawer and a 12v fridge in the back seat area of the truck. It only takes me a few minutes to install or remove the set up which is nice. I have a Jackery 1000 that powers the Truma heater and MaxxAir fan in the Topper and have the usbs and auxillary amber lights in the topper wired directly to the trucks battery. It really works well for us and by leaving the bed fairly empty we have a nice comfortable chill out/cooking space in the lower part with some folding stadium seats and counter space and the upper portion left for sleeping. Everything used for our outdoor camp is pretty much stored in two other boxes so it's quick and easy to pull out when we get to camp. I'll have to get some better pics of the setup to post here to show the simple way I've done it. Here's a few not great photos of how it looks on the exterior.

Your Titan looks awesome. How do you like the suspension upgrade over the stock. I've had a few aftermarket suspensions in my past Toyotas but have hesitated to do anything with the Titan. I don't do any hard trails anymore so I've been happy with the stock set up to this point. But your truck looks so nice with a little extra height. I may have to shop around for something!

Attachments

• IMG_5153.jpg
    IMG_5153.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5501.jpg
    IMG_5501.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Summit.jpg
    Summit.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Summit2.jpg
    Summit2.jpg