2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad Mild Overland Build

TexGX

Explorer
Good day. After my GX, Sportsmobile, Tacoma and Revel, I am back in a Tacoma. I am planning a mild build for short to medium trips with the wife. Here are the things I have done so far:

Tonneau cover
Bed Rack
Roof Top Tent
Added 400w always on plug in cab to charge 1500w Jackery (this is instead of dual battery system)
100w foldable solar panel
12v dual zone fridge (removed rear driver seat and added platform)
Moved USB for Android Auto into center console
12v heated blanket (keep wife warm)
5 gallon propane tank with cover
Propane fire pit (wife does not like smoke)
Portable 12v air compressor

Planned:
Icon Stage 4 suspension system
Front bumper winch (have not decided which way I am going to go)
Rear bumper with hitch mount built in
Would like cab rack, but don't know if I can handle the noise
Traction Boards

Here are some pics:

Tent closed2.jpgTent open2.jpgfridge2.jpg

TexGX

Explorer
I did not want the tent over higher than the cab. This lead to a problem with the one awning on the cab side. The poles do not work. This is my fix. I will upgrade the bungies with something stronger soon.20230215_154757_remastered.jpg

TexGX

Explorer
Ran cables from the Jackery to the tent. One is a USB hub for phones and the light inside and the other is a 12v for the electric blanket for the wife. I bought a 12v spliter but it seems the jackery will not run both at the same time. Will have to unplug fridge until blanket heats up. Found a real use for the rain gutters.

20230215_163555.jpg

TexGX

Explorer
Well, that was a fail. Wife got motion sickness from the wind. The tent also came with a support beam broken, so back it goes. Will have to figure out something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles