2020 SR5 4Runner 4x4

keylay

Adventurer
New thread for a new vehicle. Proud new owner of a 2020 SR5 Premium 4Runner 4x4. It's speced with Softex synthetic leather and 3rd row. Can't wait to add some tasteful and purposeful modifications.

What is replaced was a 2003 SR5 4Runner with the V8. Hopfully I don't regret that move.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
You will probably miss the V-8. I’m driving a 15 Trail Edition. Stock I liked the power. But after a lift, 33s, bumpers, skids, plates, roof rack, etc, it could use more power. The RTT in the photo is only on when traveling. Wish I could afford a turbo. But I did install a Pedal Commander which helped some.
acdf5bdfb8e71ec12f290a057579f488.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keylay

Adventurer
You will probably miss the V-8. I’m driving a 15 Trail Edition. Stock I liked the power. But after a lift, 33s, bumpers, skids, plates, roof rack, etc, it could use more power. The RTT in the photo is only on when traveling. Wish I could afford a turbo. But I did install a Pedal Commander which helped some.
acdf5bdfb8e71ec12f290a057579f488.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could see where all the weight would make a little to be desired. The Whipple supercharger or TRD supercharger look appealing, but I am likely doing sliders and lift/tires first.

keylay

Adventurer

Ordered and installed Coolshark molded weather mats. They seem like they're good quality and were only $99. Waiting until Black Friday deals to order Canvasback for the back of the 4Runner. In the meantime, I'll be receiving a 44 qt. Costway fride/freezer.

phsycle

Adventurer
Waiting until Black Friday deals to order Canvasback for the back of the 4Runner.

May also want to check out Duluth. It’s a universal fit so it doesn’t look as tidy as the Canvasback. But I like that it has a flap that goes over the bumper. I had a lot of scratches on the bumper loading stuff in and out. It should also contain any spills, mud, snow, etc better as well.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Congrats on the 4Runner! Welcome to the club. Any modifications planned or wanted? Where will be it's first adventure?

keylay

Adventurer
Congrats on the 4Runner! Welcome to the club. Any modifications planned or wanted? Where will be it's first adventure?
Thank you! I had a 2003 4Runner prior to this.
I'm getting a fridge and power source soon. Outside of that, I'd like to get sliders. Then I'll decide on lift/tires specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles