2020 ROF RimRocker Colorado/Moab Moto + Jeeps Misadventure 2.0

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Since posting here I’ve purchased a ‘21 TW200 and plan to run from home to Moab, rest one night in a motel, then come home the same way. The TW is too slow for any fast highway miles. But that’s ok for this Ol’ Fart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Since posting here I’ve purchased a ‘21 TW200 and plan to run from home to Moab, rest one night in a motel, then come home the same way. The TW is too slow for any fast highway miles. But that’s ok for this Ol’ Fart.

Ace,
That is awesome! Congratulations on the new bike and I bet it will be a spectacular adventure! We just got back from doing some exploring around western Colorado and Moab in our Tiger and I took my wife up to Gemini Bridges thanks to you showing it to me (us) last year.

1C7F5335-D3F4-4BBA-A42A-AB84908336D3.jpeg

Be safe and enjoy yourself. BTW, the TW's are very popular bikes with the theft crowd make sure to lock it up to something solid with a good lock. Cheers.F3BDF926-E1A9-48D3-BD97-19C90B9FFE31.jpeg

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Better light than when we were there. Good photos.

I am worried about keeping my bike safe if I stay over in a motel. Do any of them have any sort of secure parking, like an interior court yard? Thinking about it it would make more sense to reverse course at the end of the dirt and return to the La Sals for a cooler campsite.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Better light than when we were there. Good photos.

I am worried about keeping my bike safe if I stay over in a motel. Do any of them have any sort of secure parking, like an interior court yard? Thinking about it it would make more sense to reverse course at the end of the dirt and return to the La Sals for a cooler campsite.

Not sure about any with a courtyard and doubt any have any type of secure parking lots but, any of the older, one level Moto Inns where you pull up in front of your room work real well for rolling your bike into the room with you for the night......done that several times in small towns across the mid/southwest.

If camping I highly recommend camping up in the Aspen groves up La Sals road below the pass. Tons of disperse camping, cool weather in July and August. Heck, we just camped there three days ago but here's the same spot in July from two years ago.

42540B9A-A4D2-4EBD-A249-263113AAAC72.jpegB454EFF9-F200-44B4-B1EC-DF9C4F33E70E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94