2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Nice! How did you fasten both cowls\housings to the ceiling? Looks like you used some screws or something to that effect. If so, did the screws go through the panel and into the mushroom? That's kind of the only part I wasn't clear on. Smart sealing out the stank from the panel.

Fat layers of adhesive/sealant and the screws are there mainly to join the 2 pieces together while the adhesive cures

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Small but huge update...

Redid the guest side dinette in black and remade the bottom seat part to fold up to access the void that will be storage.

The table size and shape are perfect, but i am going to redo it in 3/4 versus 1/2 and going to have it fixed, instead of using the Lagun system.

There will be a slide out drawer also underneath the HotPocket Machine for storage

My side of the dinette have a 6" slope to the back and is super comfy, for space reasons, the guest side is at a straight 90 and not all that comfy.

I may revisit this at a later date if i REALLY get the urge to relocate my hidden Kuereg thats in the storage area behind the guest seat! :)

View attachment 649496
What Keurig are you using? We just picked up a Keurig 'Slim" for our camper. But, I think the single serve Keurig 'mini' is even smaller (thinner?

Maybe the mini would fit in the current storage but allow you to slope the backrest?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
What Keurig are you using? We just picked up a Keurig 'Slim" for our camper. But, I think the single serve Keurig 'mini' is even smaller (thinner?

Maybe the mini would fit in the current storage but allow you to slope the backrest?

This is the regular slim. I didn’t go with the mini because of the single serving water container. I might just move this one if needed. Adding water everytime I want coffee is a deal breaker ?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
This is the regular slim. I didn’t go with the mini because of the single serving water container. I might just move this one if needed. Adding water everytime I want coffee is a deal breaker ?
Oh I get it. That's why we passed on the slim to and went with the mini. Seemed like a pain in the butt to have to add water every time. #1stworldproblems.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Small but important update.

I often see people having to disassemble, clean, and reassemble their diesel heaters. I know something like this will always require some sort of maintenance, but the one thing i always thought would cut down on this is an air filter of some sort for the intake side of the combustion chamber. If youre camping anywhere near dusty conditions, running the heater, youre basically just sucking it into the combustion chamber.

I see VERY VERY few installs, on YouTube or the Gram that are installing any sort of filters.

I came across the portable Planar setup in the pelican case, and noticed it had an air filter on it.

After a bunch of searching and digging, i finally found it available by itself, to use with other furnaces.

It came from germany, took a few weeks, but fit like a glove and test run worked perfectly. I have it mated to the intake silencer, so its both quieter, and cleaner.

furnacefilter_FORUM.jpg

Last edited:

WanderingBison

I often see people having to disassemble, clean, and reassemble their diesel heaters. I know something like this will always require some sort of maintenance, but the one thing i always thought would cut down on this is an air filter of some sort for the intake side of the combustion chamber. If youre camping anywhere near dusty conditions, running the heater, youre basically just sucking it into the combustion chamber.

I see VERY VERY few installs, on YouTube or the Gram that are installing any sort of filters.

I came across the portable Planar setup in the pelican case, and noticed it had an air filter on it.

After a bunch of searching and digging, i finally found it available by itself, to use with other furnaces.

It came from germany, took a few weeks, but fit like a glove and test run worked perfectly. I have it mated to the instake silencer, so its both quieter, and cleaner.

View attachment 651185

Brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites

It came from germany, took a few weeks, but fit like a glove and test run worked perfectly. I have it mated to the intake silencer, so its both quieter, and cleaner.

View attachment 651185

several year using the diesel heater never had issues. But I agree a filter makes sense. btw, we have them in stock in Canada ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles