2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Shane the sales manager gave me some tips on taking pics of my rig(once my Gladiator boxes are on) for their new brochures. If you'd like, I could share the tips with you my gingerlicious friend, as I know you're a newbie to photographing. :ROFLMAO:

They have one of my photos i took in the Yukon with my Tundra, their boxes, and the northern lights inside their office.

But thanks... [kissy face]

Do i dare ask what "Gladiator Boxes" are?

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Ahhh…. I dig that!! ??
The nice feature is that it is not made from pre-patterned material like diamond plate, where when the object (say a door) is formed, bends and cuts will go through the existing pattern, they (HPI) lays out the pattern of the object, then lays out the 'Gladiator' dimpling so that pattern matches the edges. So when dimpled and formed the pattern and edges 'match' and never overlap with bents or cuts. A 'bespoke' process. Although due to the nature of the pattern and the dimpling procedure, those run at 180°, 90 °, and 45°, so if you have an edge of say 30° it will be off slightly.

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
@RAM5500 CAMPERTHING
So after about 2 years'ish, how are those tires holding up? How many miles you have on them? Will you replace with the same Contis when it's time?

Boxes look awesome, I was going to order some readily available stock Buyers boxes for our 5500 build but I may wait for some Highway Products. I've got one of their bed slides in my work truck and it's awesome too.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
@RAM5500 CAMPERTHING
So after about 2 years'ish, how are those tires holding up? How many miles you have on them? Will you replace with the same Contis when it's time?

Boxes look awesome, I was going to order some readily available stock Buyers boxes for our 5500 build but I may wait for some Highway Products. I've got one of their bed slides in my work truck and it's awesome too.

I absolutely HATE the Contis and everything about them. 110% will be trying the Goodyears next when these wear out.

They have less than 9k on them right now (big life changes have minimized travel time), no big wear issues in that time.

Buyers box quality is what made me look at other options. Horrendous at best. Make sure you go check some out in person before spending the $ and you’ll most likely change your mind immediately.

The HPI boxes aren’t cheap, but they’re a 100% get what ya pay for item for sure!

I haven’t seen boxes that came even close to the quality.

I’m a customer for life!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
like-a-glove-gif.gif

That's HPI quality right there. Nailed it! (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne