2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Can't tell you how helpful this thread has been during my build. I'm almost finished the Kelderman rear kit. Hope to have the tires on this weekend and then start tearing into the front end. I figured the front kit wouldn't work with the axle moved forward so I'll get it installed, take some measurements and build up some new lower bag mounts. That's the plan anyway. Uncharted waters here, but that's part of the fun of it.

As you mentioned, the Kelderman instructions are absolutely horrible. Any idea what the part below is for? It came with the rear kit. My guess is that it's a brake like relocation bracket.View attachment 610102View attachment 610108

Happy to help sir!

Looking good! You got a build thread going?

I THINK (but not sure) that bracket is one of the exhaust hanger relocaters

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Spy shots of the new van:

44.jpg

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
No, it must be real. He said he had a 'large check' for way more than I was selling my panels for, so all I needed to do was send him the difference ahead of time, and then he could mail me the check. I mean he is a 'Prince' and the 'Head of the National Bank', according to his emails, so he must be honest. I sent him the money weeks ago, so I am expecting my 'large' check any day now. But why does he end every email with 419 ?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Delays delays delays

Now I’m waiting on my SECOND re-order of Adhesive. Wasn’t even close to enough supplied with kit.

Frustrated is an understatement.

It’s mostly done, and has been, just needs to finish some minor stuff.

You know what they say about the last 10% will get ya? Facts...

A FULL and detailed report is coming, i assure you

When the box is complete I’ll post some pics.

I am doing several things different than the "Norm" and I simply don’t have time to deal with the peanut gallery, and internet heroes telling me about how "that wont go where they go" ?

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
How did you accomplish that? Did you swap the front setup you had to something else?

Yes, i put the front Kelderman bag kit in and replaced the SuspensionMaxx spacer.

Due to the front axle being moved an inch forward to clear the tires, i am not sure if the Kelderman system is going to work out though.

Been so busy building camper box, havent messed with suspension much. Havent even driven truck in 2 months

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles