2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Been SUPER bummed out, and frustrated my panels are running a month behind schedule landing in the US, and my annual month long September trip is now cancelled because of it...

So I've been a bit deflated and un-motivated to continue all the work that still needs to be done.

But.... All my Victron bits are here, so i'll be able to hit the ground running when it gets here and with the help of some super talented friends, i might be able to salvage a week or 2 out of my vacation with some luck!

#fingerscrossed no more delays or hang ups.

allthevictron_FORUM.jpg

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Great build. Can you clarify if you are running suspensionmaxx in the rear with the kelderman setup or just the kelderman rear and suspmaxx front?

Thanks.

No, i removed the suspension max stuff from the rear (just blocks, ubolts, and sway bar links), running Kelderman only in the rear, and still have the SuspensionMaxx up front.

Kelderman rides so damn nice, i might swap out the front too!

Will wait until its all assembled and see.

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Did you ever find the PN for those Centramatic balancers?

Did you ever call them as I suggested? :)

Yeah, sorry, they are the 400-422

But that’s pretty irrelevant unless you’re running the identical setup

Ask that @java fella what happens when ya make assumptions and just order stuff without calling :p

Brad_UT

Sorry for the bother. We know the ones you received work. I just don't trust whoever I get on the phone at Centramatic to pick the right ones.

It's an identical setup. 2020 5500 with Buckstop steel wheels and 335/80R20 MPT81's.

Thanks.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Sorry for the bother. We know the ones you received work. I just don't trust whoever I get on the phone at Centramatic to pick the right ones.

It's an identical setup. 2020 5500 with Buckstop steel wheels and 335/80R20 MPT81's.

Thanks.

no bother at all, just giving you crap

if it’s the exact setup, should be good to go and quite suprised

pics of your setup?

java

Expedition Leader

Thanks.
Call them, he's really helpful! Called me at almost 10pm his time to get the right ones to me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Brad_UT

Haha. No worries at all. I'll get them ordered today.

Dealer says the truck should be here sometime around the end of September. Right now I'm just ordering all the parts and watching my bank balance drop like a friggin rock. :) The only thing I have remaining is the suspension setup. I'll do the Kelderman setup on the rear and I'd really like to use their front kit too, but I'm not sure how this will all work with a ~3" lift and axle moved 1" forward. And then there's the track bar/dop bracket issue. I need to give them a call to see what they recommend. Good times.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Haha. No worries at all. I'll get them ordered today.

Dealer says the truck should be here sometime around the end of September. Right now I'm just ordering all the parts and watching my bank balance drop like a friggin rock. :) The only thing I have remaining is the suspension setup. I'll do the Kelderman setup on the rear and I'd really like to use their front kit too, but I'm not sure how this will all work with a ~3" lift and axle moved 1" forward. And then there's the track bar/dop bracket issue. I need to give them a call to see what they recommend. Good times.

I’m still doing some trial and error with the front.

Right now the rear is at stock height and I’d like to keep it there. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to, or at least close to stock

DBL designs has a 2020 Ram they built with the MPT81s that they are clearing with NO LIFT, just fender trimming.

I’m going to mess around some more with the front and see what i can do.

I still haven’t figured out the track bar issue. The adjustable one I got from Dodge Offroad mostly fits but will need some modification to clear the top of the diff bolts at full compressed.

In a perfect scenario, I’d like to leave the axle 1” forward like it is, but remove the 3” spacer and run it at stock height.

that should fix the track bar issue, but I’m not sure how much more trimming I’ll need to do and how much more I really want to do.
Will find out soon enough I guess ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles