2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Thanks so much for taking the time to document your experience with all this stuff. Your posts and videos have saved me so much time/money/frustration on my own RAM 5500 (gen4) build. Thank you!

I am really interested to see how the front sway bar works out. I am tempted just to disconnect completely and see how it goes for daily driving. My camper build is relatively light, so I know I am way oversprung/overdamped. I am still on the leaf springs in the rear and found a local place that will remove some to soften up the back. I just want to get a bit further in the camper build so I can ballpark the camper weight. My guess is that even when everything is done,, I will still be well under 50% max payload.

Youre welcome

I drove around for a bit with it completely disconnected for testing and it was 90% amazing and handled phenomenal.

But, when i got into some tight twisties in Death Valley, it was pretty dang sketchy.

My .02

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Hahahahaha

Nah, i choose not to feed the rule heavy marketing machine

I continue to check in here periodically because i've met some lifelong friends here, and to scour for parts, but thats about it
I get that. I'm guessing many felt the same way you do and that's why it's so slow here.

Best luck with the 200. They're an awesome machine!

ramblinChet

I drove around for a bit with it completely disconnected for testing and it was 90% amazing and handled phenomenal.

But, when i got into some tight twisties in Death Valley, it was pretty dang sketchy.

One of these days you will set your pride aside and own an AEV Prospector that was designed and tested by actual engineers using SAE guidelines and testing protocol. Until then, happy trails ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94