2020 Overland Explorer Vehicles (OEV) CAMP-X pop-up slide-in pickup camper (renamed "Back Country" as of 2023)

DzlToy

Explorer
unicat-6.jpg

EDITED Code/Script to display picture and eliminated hyperlink.

Last edited:

smitty5788

Just pickup up a used Camp X from another member here. Finishing setting things up for a month-long trip west so will get some more photos of our setup posted when everything is ready to go. Pretty impressed with the build quality and the help from OEV to a secondhand user so far! This thread has been very helpful as well.

I am planning to change up the lighting a bit from how it was setup and figured I would post here to see if anyone was interested in this light bar and lights. There are 6 LP9 Pros, feel free to message me with what you feel is a fair offer. I am including the bar, lights and the wiring harness.

We will be leaving from Ohio this week making our way to Salt Lake before heading back to NH. If you are between Ohio and SLC and want to make a fair offer I am happy to bring the lights with me.

IMG_3778.jpgIMG_3779.jpg

Zach_F

Hey all, I’m in the middle of installing an inverter in my Camp X but can’t decide where to run and attach the ground wire. Any suggestions?

Chadx

♫ Off the road again. Just can't wait to get...
Hey all, I’m in the middle of installing an inverter in my Camp X but can’t decide where to run and attach the ground wire. Any suggestions?
Has to be the load side of the shunt (where all the other negative load wires currently collect) rather than battery side of the shunt. Otherwise your State of Charge (SOC) will be incorrect.

okto

I know this topic is really about freestanding units but for what it is worth, we went with the OEV step that stores in the front of the aluma tray. It is nicely done by OEV, but as good as it is, it doesn't quite meet my idea of the right solution. I had to modify it by cutting it down to three steps to secure it to the bottom rail of the flatbed as to prevent forehead widening. @Chadx is absolutely correct! I think I really just want it to store in the pull-out under the door but I haven't found anything that fits there including little giants. Would love to see other solutions.

IMG_5582.jpg
tempImagetpbd68.jpg
tempImageVaETCj.jpg
tempImagexlDXRF.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94