2020 Opus OP2

BugsWest

Thanks for the videos- I’m heavily considering an OP4 for my wife and two kids (4.5 and 1.5). I’m a little nervous about tent noise in windy conditions, as my wife is very sensitive to noise when sleeping. I’m looking for something that can go on trails with us, and a hard side camper would be awesome, but there aren’t many with the size and features of the OP4. Let me know what you think of yours!

OldGreen

My RTT was far noisier in the wind. I am slighy nitpicky about the inside cabinets' construction but my complaints are minor. It is hands down the best trailer I have ever towed. I added a 140W solar panel and an inverter. I can stay off grid as long as the food holds out.

OldGreen

Building a new one as in a new trailer from scratch? I'm anxious to hear more of your thoughts about the OP2 and your future plans.
I loved my Opus. There were 2 deal breakers plus a few other wants that don't currently exist in a trailer that is off road worthy and pullable by my Jeep.

1. Zero set up time.
2. Roadside use of the bathroom

Other stuff...inside or outside cooking
No condensation
Easy to heat
Enclosed water tank
Eleventy billion AH of power

I have a build thread here. Frame is done. Starting to take shape.

Jamccain

I loved my Opus. There were 2 deal breakers plus a few other wants that don't currently exist in a trailer that is off road worthy and pullable by my Jeep.

1. Zero set up time.
2. Roadside use of the bathroom

Other stuff...inside or outside cooking
No condensation
Easy to heat
Enclosed water tank
Eleventy billion AH of power

I have a build thread here. Frame is done. Starting to take shape.

Would you link your build thread. Thanks.

OldGreen

jk6661

Observer
Just saw this thread. How effective is the heater in the mid 30s or low 40s? Also, if it rains overnight, about how long does the exterior it take to dry so you can pack it away?

Last edited:

Ikarus

Observer
Just saw this thread. How effective is the heater in the mid 30s or low 40s? Also, if it rains overnight, about how long does the exterior it take to dry so you can pack it away?
I have an OP4 and there are two heater options - the heater by itself and the heater/AC combo. I have the heater by itself which I hear is much better than the combo unit. It does great in the 30s-40s.

I last used it when the temps were in that range at night. Kept the heater at about the mid-heat setting and slept great through the night without having to bundle up. I'd say it felt like it was in the upper 40s inside the trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke