PRICE DROP $395K, 2020 MAN 18.322 WORLD OVERLAND EXPEDITION FOUR-WHEEL-DRIVE CAMPER

AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: Priced at $475,000 OBO. Full pictures and video URLs at the end.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 16.26.02.png

Make: MAN
Year: 1993
Model: 18,322
Mileage: 19,300 total miles on the truck.
Capacity: 20 US Ton.
Axles: Two.
Horsepower: 237kW = 322HP.
Fuel Economy: Estimated around 8-10.5 mpg, depending on speed and terrain.
Dimensions: length = 29.5 feet (without motorcycle/bicycle rack); width = 8.3 feet; height = 12.1 feet.
Fuel Type: Diesel, non-restricted.
Total Fuel: 330 gallons
Transmission: 16-speed, with half-gears full-time 4x4, with locking axles (rear and front to rear).
Wheel Size: 375 / 90R22.5
Steering: Power Steering.
Maximum Speed: 110 km maximum (68mph) and 90 km (56mph) at an engine RPM speed of 1500 rpm - that's in the middle of the optimal green area on the RPMs.
Snorkel: A custom snorkel was adapted.
Suspension: Suspension on leaf springs and additional automatically controlled air suspension.
Doors: 5 doors in the driving cabin, 4 full-size doors to outside.
Interior Height: Altered for 6+ feet.
Seat Heating: The two driving seats area heated.
Heater: Webasto Heater, 2kw, driving cab heating.
Air Conditioning: Roof-top mounted, Dometic 2kw system.
Television Screen: Inside driving cabin.
Refrigeration: Smaller refrigeration in cabin.
Frame: The camper portion is mounted on custom-built fully-torsion free subframe to allow full four-way movement of the camper, independent from the truck frame.
Electronics: Four permanently mounted cameras which can be viewed on the dash.
Radio, GPS, and Bluetooth: A modern touch-screen system.
Leather Features: The entire camper is fitted with custom-made genuine leather covering over many areas of the doors and seating areas.
Flooring: Engineered wood.
LED Lighting: Multiple LED lights mounted on front of the truck to turn night-time into day-time.
Horns: Four (4) large air-compressed horns mounted on the left and right side of truck.
Insulation: The truck portion is fully insulated in the doors, floor, ceiling, and dash to eliminate the engine noise as well as to insulate the driving area from cold and heat.
Sound Proofing: Extensive sound-proofing was completed in doors, ceiling and floors to ensure a quiet driving cabin. This was thoughtfully completed due to the large diesel engine.
Sunroof: Electronically operated sunroof with mosquito net.
Door Locks: Central Locking System.

Interior.jpg

Year of Build: It was completed in late-2020.
Building Process of External Skeleton: The entire skeleton is custom-made steel, expertly hand-crafted frame. The external skin is thick 2mm aluminum skin and chemically treated prior to several coats of high-quality German paint. There are expansion joints both horizontally and vertically on all parts of the outside skin to allow for expansion and contraction during climate changes. You will notice these in the pictures as blue molding.
Sandwich Construction of Camper Walls: 2mm of aluminum, 4cm of insulation external, 5cm insulation inside, lastly paneling.
Number of Beds: There are five sleeping places with the following two dimensions: bed area 1: 78 inches x 62 inches; bed area 2: 82 inches x 55 inches.
Central Seating Areas: Two central areas area available; one in the main camper and the rear bedroom can convert to an office when not used as a bedroom.
Bathroom/Shower: A full-sized shower and toilet area. Porcelain and ceramic tile.
Toilet: Thetford Toilet.
Television: Permanently mounted Sony 43” television. Remote included. Satellite system included.
Stove: Gas stove with four (4) burners: 3 gas and 1 electric.
Oven: Gas oven with two separate sections. Extractor hood.
Treated Water Supply: Three water supplies: (1) single filter; (2) two filter; and (3) five-filter reverse osmosis system for any water supply encountered.
Microwave: never used.
Refrigerator/Freezer: A large-sized refrigerator/freezer, 160 liters.
Washing Machine: Never used.
Air Conditioning: Dometic 2kW.
Windows: All windows, open and close, have screens, and also shades.
Sunroofs: Two.
Wardrobe: Large wardrobe.
Heater: Webasto 11kW (diesel) water with air distribution.
Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Included
Weather Station: Full weather station with radio sensor.
Radio: Three stereo radios.
USB Sockets: Six (6) USB sockets.
Specialized Voltage: 220 volt and 110-volt sockets. Different options for whatever country you may be traveling. Fully integrated with solar, inverter, batteries, etc.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 16.30.51.png

Overview of Outside of Camper/Truck
Solar System:
4 full-sized panels with 860 watts.
Fresh Water: 166 gallons (630 liters) of fresh water.
Gray Water: 80 gallons (300 liters).
Fuel Tanks of Diesel: 330 gallons (1250 liters).
Propane: Two gas bottle areas, one connected with four (4) manifolds to different parts of the camper and the other stored for back-up.
External Generator: 3-phase 6.5kW generator, gasoline-powered. Brand new and never used.
Awning/Sunshade: 13-foot (4 meter) awning. High-quality Thule brand.
Solar Power: 660w on the roof above the camper + 200w above driver’s cab for a total of 860 watts for solar power. Fully integrated into the power grid.
Electricity and Water Connections: External connections for both.
Battery Supplies: 225 Ampere Hours x 4 = 900, cabin and living area. This is fed through alternator as well as solar power or generator.
Outside Shower: One outside shower with hot and cold water to be used for bathing or washing anything outside of the camper.
External Gas Connection: One connection for external stove and/or grill.
Motorcycle and Bicycle Rack: External, electrically controlled retractable luggage rack at a capacity of 2400 pounds (1100kg). Capable of holding three motorcycles – or kayaks, bicycles, etc.
Roof Deck/Terrace: 65 square feet of roof area with high-quality decking material.
Staircase: Retractable landing with folding stairs for dual-direction stairs to lead into camper.
External Storage: Many stainless-steel boxes for storage with voluminous storage throughout.
Exterior Lighting: Extremely bright lights for external lighting (LED) when camping or to be used when parking in a dimly-lit area.
Exterior Cameras: Four (4) cameras for exterior views when in motion of stationary, connected to screen on dash.
Mosquito Net: Camper entrance has retractable mosquito netting.
Tools: All jacks, tools, gloves, etc. are included to change the tires.
External Air Systems: Air chuck on outside of camper.
Table and Chairs: One set of table, benches, and chairs is included.
Wheel Chocks: A set of wheel chocks is included.
Three Winches: Front = 10 metric tons (22,000 pounds), electric; rear = 7 metric tons (15,400 pounds), electric and also operates the hoist for the rear rack; rear Power Take-Off (PTO) = 20 metric tons (44,000 pounds).
Trailer Hitch: There is a trailer hitch on the rear for towing.
Massive Storage: including ‘garage’ from one side to the other under master bedroom.

Overview of Unique Features
Electrical System of 110 and 220 Volts:
This particular system is quite unique and designed by me. The is a world-wide electrical system as it is dual-voltage.
Rear Bumper Retraction: The rear bumper can swivel to provide additional ground clearance for added departure angle clearance.
Driver’s Cabin Stairs: The stairs leading to the back-door of the driver’s cabin on the passenger side are automatically retractable.
Central Locking System: All doors are centrally locked with the key-fob. Extra key-fob included.

Common Questions: I have listed some additional information that I believe will be helpful.
Licensing and Documentation: Legally imported and titled/licensed in Montana.
Parts and Servicing in North America: MAN has several locations for factory servicing in the United States. https://settlement.man.eu/settlement/public/client/index.html
Maintenance: All maintenance is fully up-to-date.
Spare Parts: starter, alternator, driveline bearings, turbo charger, air filter for snorkel, oil filters, water filters, gaskets, off-road light covers, etc. This is in excess of $10,000 in future parts, creating a back-up during your travels.
Disclosure of Mileage: True mileage is 19,300. Due to commercial ‘tachograph’ changed out to civilian, a speedometer/odometer was changed-out as required by law. All documented.
Current Needs: minor detailing and cleaning that needs to be done.Some of the aluminum that covers the gas tanks, and some of the external hardware, needs a bit of polishing due to the salt air during its trans-Atlantic venture (only surface rust). The cable on the rear winch that operates the motorcycle lift should eventually be replaced..
Location of Camper: San Diego County, California.
Contact: Please only contact me, Chris – mailbox12726@gmail.com
Offers: I will entertain in-person offers.

Video Link for Full Views of Inside and Outside Camper:
Full Set of Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hau7IiFv3cWSfpgXt458KY_PmIW-5TFK?usp=sharing

extremer

Really nice rig. I assume this is more of a base camp than off-road camper. How far can this be pushed off road? GLWS

chrisfoster

Really nice rig. I assume this is more of a base camp than off-road camper. How far can this be pushed off road? GLWS
Thank you for the kind words. I would agree and that is one reason for the rack on the back for two different motorcycles -- one BMW GS and one more extreme off-road. The unit does have a very serious fully-articulating sub-frame, lockers, a pivoting rear bumper to provide for a better departure angle, and some serious clearance, but it is tad heavier than a Rubicon when fully loaded.

Some answers on the off-road features: full time 4x4, locking axles rear and front to rear. These are controlled electronically on the dash and are engaged pneumatically in the transmission. It has incredible ground clearance and the water-entry point is about 4 feet high (the bottom of the truck doors/floor of the cabin), but all doors are sealed if you want to forge higher water. The snorkel has been professionally adapted to the front grill and take the air intake to the top of the camper. The rear bumper is on a swivel to allow for increased departure angles when needed. There are three winches on the truck: Front = 10 metric tons (22,000 pounds), electric; rear = 7 metric tons (15,400 pounds), electric and also operates the hoist for the rear rack; rear Power Take-Off (PTO) = 20 metric tons (44,000 pounds). There is an external air supply and hoses (endless as the engine produces its own air for the air brakes) to change the tire pressure at any needed time.

fireball

Explorer
If this is still available in a few weeks I think my wife would really like me to buy this for her for Mother's Day! :)

GLWS, this thing is super cool!!!

If this is still available in a few weeks I think my wife would really like me to buy this for her for Mother's Day! :)

GLWS, this thing is super cool!!!
She is not sold yet and ready for Mother's Day! Reach out to me if you would like a personal video tour - happy to take you on a walk-through if you are not local.

You can, truck is a 1993. Camper build is 2020
Yes, this is correct. The truck base is a 1993 with 19,300 total miles. The camper was built late 2020 with about 10 nights of use. The façade of the truck has been updated, with all new MAN parts, to visually look like a new model truck. Thanks for the words about the detail of the listing. The camper is currently titled and registered in the US and legally imported to meet all requirements.

nickw

Adventurer
Awesome rig! Good value it looks like also. My only experience with MAN is watching Dakar Rally seeing trucks sim to this bouncing through the desert at 80mph....

Based on what some of the Earthroamer, Earthcruiser, etc cost, this seems like a no brainer for somebody wanting something this size.

Awesome rig! Good value it looks like also. My only experience with MAN is watching Dakar Rally seeing trucks sim to this bouncing through the desert at 80mph....

Based on what some of the Earthroamer, Earthcruiser, etc cost, this seems like a no brainer for somebody wanting something this size.

Thanks for your comments! It's an awesome design and very high-quality. I am certain the new owner will appreciate it as much as I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke