2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 3.0L EcoDiesel

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I was recently talking with the head service manager at my Jeep/RAM dealership. I asked what was the worse vehicle to buy. He said, without a doubt, anything with the 3.0 diesel to avoid. He said they have sold few of them and they are always in the shop for service in a disproportionate amount. And not minor issues.

You've gotta think FCA would have seen all those problems and issues and fixed them all in the EcoDiesel before they moved it into the Wrangler.
They did make an "all new" version of the engine for the RAM 1500 and Wrangler this year, so it surely included some fixes.

I'm very curious about long term reliability, real world mileage and real world mileage with a heavy load.

-Dan

furbucket

Observer
At 5 years old and just over 70,000 miles the coolant hose for the turbo blew on my 2015 wk2... Thankfully the $3000+ repair was covered- but it took the dealership exactly one whole month to do such a bad job “fixing” it that they then had it for another week to make it right =( If I could do it over I would’ve bought the hemi... I would shy away from the 3.0L diesel unless some big improvements have been made

Sent from an evil pocket calculator with a flashy screen using Tapatalk

foxhunter

Adventurer
At 5 years old and just over 70,000 miles the coolant hose for the turbo blew on my 2015 wk2... Thankfully the $3000+ repair was covered- but it took the dealership exactly one whole month to do such a bad job “fixing” it that they then had it for another week to make it right =( If I could do it over I would’ve bought the hemi... I would shy away from the 3.0L diesel unless some big improvements have been made

Sent from an evil pocket calculator with a flashy screen using Tapatalk
At least you had a choice, and yes you shoulda got a Hemi. If wrangler came with a Hemi option from the factory it would be a no brainer. But I cursed the torque in my old Rubicon. I have dealt with the unique problems and increased maintenance cost that come with Diesel engines in my two unimogs, ram 3500, and 6.0 excursion;the frustration , inept diesel mechanics, the repair costs.But like a heroin addict I crave torque and will suffer much to have it?

JFarris

Wanderer
This thread sure did die out....Mine finally showed up right when all this covid crap hit. I'm trying to open my schedule up long enough to go to Georgia to pick it up soon before they sell it to someone else.

pittsburgh

tacocat
19.9 mpg city driving with a very heavy foot. Just too much fun to feel that punch when you floor it. No opportunity to take a road trip yet

Any updates on MPG and your happiness?

Tree fell on my truck yesterday. I might be in the market sooner than later lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles