2020 GMC Savana Remote start?

Toyaddict

I wasn't sure the best place to ask this question but I figured here is my best bet. I have a 2017 Savana I installed a remote start module on, I have a 2020 Savana coming next week and I'm wanting to swap the module over. My issue is everything I see stops at 2017 for some reason on these vans. Maybe it's something the dealer can do without adding anything? Thanks in advance.

From the best I can tell looking at the gm parts catalog (I am a gm parts guy) They have changed nothing on the van from 2017 to the new 2020's. The keyless receiver module is the same number as well as the keyless fobs. I don't see any changes in the wiring harness part numbers either so I do believe from what I am seeing, it should be a direct swap to your new van.

I have a 2017 and factory remote start can't be added to these vans easily because the van's with remote start from the factory had a different hood latch with a hood ajar switch. A safety measure that would keep it from accidentally remote starting while you or a technician is working under the hood. A simple hood latch swap can't be done because the wiring harness on the core support doesn't have the pigtail for the hood latch to plug into. Hope this helps. Please report back after you get your van and let us know for sure.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior