2020 Ford Transit AWD

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
In the European Transit both cv joints have the same length. They are both long enough for a lift.
How much lift could you technically get? Let’s forget the tuev for a second ? . It’s kind of disappointing that you can barely get more than 1” on the North American transit.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I know you speak German. Check out this website https://www.extremfahrzeuge.com/transit-4x4/ . It looks like 10 cm or 4 inches.
Yep was in contact with them in the beginning. Sadly the differences between the European and North American transits are too big to use their system. I would have done it in a heartbeat .
on a side note: other than the ground clearance, I’m very impressed how far our transit has gotten us with bigger a/t tires without 4x4

sg1

Adventurer
Yes the European system is integrated into the 6 speed manual transmission and is mechanical /hydraulic. There are zero common parts with the US system.

so i did a bit different but is is not 100% i lift about 60 mm front and rear and an other extra 30 mm on the back with the extra leaf

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
This looks very nice. Can you stand up with the middle roof? We have not had the opportunity to check one yet, and I am hesitant to go to a dealer and go through the whole sales pitch just to check...

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
This looks very nice. Can you stand up with the middle roof? We have not had the opportunity to check one yet, and I am hesitant to go to a dealer and go through the whole sales pitch just to check...
I can stand up in the middle roof, its about 5'10". That is with about 1/2" floor and 1/4" foam/fabric + 1/8" hardboard on the ceiling. I'm literally head against the roof.
I don't find that I stand THAT much in the van. Cooking and dishes, and I try to do those outside as much as possible.
High roofs are nice but they are +$3K, +extra interior labor, +more vulnerable to low hanging things.... this mid roof is 9'1" as it is....
Looks great! What windows?
Thanks Chris, CRLaurence awning in the second row all others are OEM.
I have installed a couple of these AMA full slider with screen (bonded vs clamp ring) if you are looking for an alternative with a "OEM look"

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I can stand up in the middle roof, its about 5'10". That is with about 1/2" floor and 1/4" foam/fabric + 1/8" hardboard on the ceiling. I'm literally head against the roof.
I don't find that I stand THAT much in the van. Cooking and dishes, and I try to do those outside as much as possible.
High roofs are nice but they are +$3K, +extra interior labor, +more vulnerable to low hanging things.... this mid roof is 9'1" as it is....

Thanks Chris, CRLaurence awning in the second row all others are OEM.
I have installed a couple of these AMA full slider with screen (bonded vs clamp ring) if you are looking for an alternative with a "OEM look"

Thanks. Looks the CRL stuff is on backorder, until October. I'll look for the AMA.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
What color is your van? Have you started your interior build? What do you plan?
The van is Magnetic Metallic. Last year for this color I hear.
Interior build is done (and likely to be for sale soon), 4 seater, 3.5 sleeper, second row seat turns into a bed or reverses to form a dinette. 17 gal fresh, 7 gal grey under the floor, indoor/outdoor kitchen, Isotherm fridge, Wabasto heat, 200w solar/200ah AGM bank, bike drawer, porta potty, passenger swivel seat, etc. etc.
Flatline Van Co roof rack, Van Compass Topo 2.0 lift, and front skid plate.
Still working on a full spec sheet and web page for this thing.GOPR0599sm.jpgGOPR0602sm.jpgGOPR0587sm.jpg

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic

I'm 6'2" and could stand up fine in my mid roof Transit, head slightly cocked. I got used to it and it didn't bother me at all. Mine was a passenger van with the thick ducted floor as well. I chose minimal interior ceiling paneling to maximize available height. Basically, Reflectix and 1/4" panel screwed right to the ceiling trusses. It was not bad and I would do it again over the high roof for reasons listed above.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles