2020 Ford Transit AWD

Grassland

Same here. The load rating is fantastic but finding E rated AT tires in that size is impossible. I got my tire guy install a couple tires to test it out. The only one that fit is a Sumitomo Encounter AT 245/75R16 120R
The speedo is off by 5km/h

I only have 3.73 gears. Had I known of need to go up 2" in tire diameter i'd have gone with 4.10

xprmntl

Just curious, does that tire fit in the spare location? (I assume no)
245/75r16 (30.6") is the biggest that will fit under a 148" non-extended, but even that takes a ratchet strap install to make it ride up a little in the rear tire pocket to keep it from rubbing the differential housing. The extended will accept a 30.6" spare without strap, but I haven't heard of a 265/75r16 fitting. Doubtful, as the heat shield spacing on the passenger side is already tight with the 245.

dman93

Adventurer
245/75r16 (30.6") is the biggest that will fit under a 148" non-extended, but even that takes a ratchet strap install to make it ride up a little in the rear tire pocket to keep it from rubbing the differential housing. The extended will accept a 30.6" spare without strap, but I haven't heard of a 265/75r16 fitting. Doubtful, as the heat shield spacing on the passenger side is already tight with the 245.
I had a chance to check out an Owl Van tire carrier on a Transit, with a 245/75-16 KO2 spare mounted up. Nice piece of kit, mounts to the door hinges. I’m not sure it’s available still from Owl as they seem to be focusing on Sprinters, but Aluminess has one too.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
The impression I got from my salesman recently was that he could order just about anything and get it before the end of October when the model year ends.

Our 265/75/16 Milestar Patagonia A/TR tires are mounted on the van. We fully compressed the suspension to check for clearance and document trimming needed.

Here is a long winded video for fender trimming reference.
can i fit it on the europen AWD ? is it ok with the CV join ?

I noticed that the power stering is not working fine with the bigger tire i have 235 70 R16 i try bigger,but sound not nice if I am in a big bend at slow speed am loosing the power stering .. hope you understand it easy in french ....but ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles