2020 Ford Transit AWD

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
For those living under a rock....
Covid-19 has shut down the Claycomo Ford Transit/F150 factory.
Covid-19 and tornado damage shut down the Borg Warner, AWD transfer case, factory.

Additionally Ford announced new rebates that include every model except AWD models leading to believe that model is in higher demand with lower supply.

That said, AWD's have "hit" dealer lots but if you don't have the ability to search the internet, call dealerships, and/or travel to see them you will likely not find one for quite a while. Models that were produced before closures are still being delivered to dealerships as that process can take 1-3 months.
When the factory does resume production it will be at a lower production than before and maybe choose to prioritize more fleet vehicle production as they have since the start of the 2020 MY.
I have been thinking lately mine is going up in "value", no?

boxster1971

He’s 20 yrs old, lives with his mom and got sponsors for the build. He’s some sort of racer so probably has more connections that way too. I think at SEMA the van had tracks on it but they were just for show really.

Actually he doesn't turn 20 until July. . . from his web page:
"Christopher Polvoorde was born on July 28th, 2000 and raised in the Racing mecca of Southern, CA. From a young age, Christopher had an adventurous spirit and a passion for the outdoors and racing."

Desert Dan

Explorer
FORD TO BEGIN PHASED PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS RESTART IN NORTH AMERICA MAY 18 WITH ENHANCED SAFETY PROTOCOLS

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Just got pricing from our dealer in BC for a 158WB AWD SRW . They are available in 2-3 months at a base price of ~CAD$46.000 Ad some useful options and you reach the 55.000 easy.

coguzzi

Adventurer
Just got pricing from our dealer in BC for a 158WB AWD SRW . They are available in 2-3 months at a base price of ~CAD$46.000 Ad some useful options and you reach the 55.000 easy.

i was told 8-12 weeks by my Canadian dealer as well (QC) when i ordered back in January. but i knew that was a bunch of fluff they tell people what they want to hear. not the first time i ordered a vehicle. jeep rubicon wasnt to bad for timeline, a norton commando motorcycle i waited 3 years for-forgot i even ordered it until they called me to say "your bike is here"

anyway, i saw a scheduling document from ford from BEFORE the plant shut down that listed lead times for every model, transit was 18-22 weeks. plant is supposed to reopen with 1 shift on the 18th. then there is the plant that makes the transfer case that got hit by tornado recently. not expecting my transit anytime soon honestly

Choff

Adventurer
New 2020 Ford Transit 350 148" High Roof Extended AWD
414) 562-6551
2727 East Layton Avenue, Cudahy, WI 53110

Another one for sale-on the lot
NO AFFILIATION -Van is on their web site $53,600
Just like AWD Vans

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Actually he doesn't turn 20 until July. . . from his web page:
"Christopher Polvoorde was born on July 28th, 2000 and raised in the Racing mecca of Southern, CA. From a young age, Christopher had an adventurous spirit and a passion for the outdoors and racing."
Just another “Youtube” Kid influencer using parents money to make videos of his parents toys. We have allot of these Kids in CA that think their parents money is their money. They all pay Google a fee to show their name first on various searches. My brother does the same thing only for his Law Firm not to promote his videos of his parents toys. ?‍♂️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles